Excess paint spray on S3 8P undercar aero panels

T3KT0N1K

Reaction score
I reckon I probably know the answer to this question, but am having trouble accepting it, let alone explaining it. Anyways, here goes...

I'm seeing evidence of excess paint spray on the underside of my S3, as if it's been sprayed from the sides. Coming from a car manufacturing background, I find it hard to believe it would've come out of the factory that way, as the car would've been sprayed waaayy before any non-metalic parts were fitted. I'm also seeing faint spray in the front grill too.
I know it's probably a silly question, as the evidence suggests the car's been re-sprayed but...is this normal? I have to ask to be 100% sure.

Thing is, I ran a car check on it prior to purchase. The term escapes me right now as I'm so tired, but it was one of those where you check if it's stolen, been in an accident or has outstanding finance etc. The previous owner also supplied his own check, which I verified as legit. I also had Audi and VW check its history, so I'm puzzled. I can only imagine that if something dodgy's gone on, who ever got the work done must've put more money in to it than it was worth.

If you did that check on my 06 plate car it would say its never been in an accident never been stolen etc.

The reality of it is. It had a front bumper painte at least before I got it (overspray on fog lamp brackets) and since iv had it its had bonnet, rear bumper, passenger side wing and door all painted. And dents pulled out the drivers side front wing and drivers door....

None of the above was fault either btw....

Id say your cars been painted mate. But to be fair if the only thing you noticed to make you think it's been painted is overspray underneath does that not tell you that the paint job is pretty good...?