APR Chip Upgrade

A

A4Steve

Hello People
Getting my A3 T Sport APR Chipped a week on friday, by Awesome GTI Warrington. Any experiences good or bad about this chip or company ??? Pretty new to this chipping , sorry if its been covered before.....

Notice you are new. Were you registered on the old a-s.net site?

But to answer your question, most people on the old site who'd had their cars chipped by APR were very happy.

I work very close to Awesome GTi in Warrington. Let us know how you get on there, service etc.

Cheers

AL

Thanks for the replies , there charging £399 + Vat for 1.0 bar apr chip

Can't see this post and not point out that it seems foolish to go with an 'APR' chip now as APR are now Revotechnik and have just launched some interesting stuff: Revotechnik so you're essentially buying end-of-the-line stock if you go with the APR EMCS system.

£399 i would say is a fair price for a power hike and 1.0 bar is certainly noticeable. But God help you if you get into a 1.4 bar car because you will want that badly. The difference is ridiculous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I had 1.0 in my TT and then went to 1.4. On that day I had my car loaded with four alloys and tyres, four OE suspension springs and all the OE shocks and it still performed better than the 1.0 s/w (whih it must be said, I was happy with until I upgraded!!).

There's nothing to worry about with the ARP program but I don't know what support is like now that APR have sort of become RevoTechnik. It might be worth checking out.

On the S3 at least it doesn't seem to be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 20v 1.8T is practically bombproof - the number of chipped cars around and their owners'testimonials should put your mind at ease.

inigo

[ QUOTE ]
Can't see this post and not point out that it seems foolish to go with an 'APR' chip now as APR are now Revotechnik and have just launched some interesting stuff: Revotechnik so you're essentially buying end-of-the-line stock if you go with the APR EMCS system.

£399 i would say is a fair price for a power hike and 1.0 bar is certainly noticeable. But God help you if you get into a 1.4 bar car because you will want that badly. The difference is ridiculous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Right I have to step in here and clear tis one up as there is far too much incorrect info posted in this one!
firstly the A3 1.8T is different to the S3 so you can't quote S3 figures in comparison with the A3 1.8T, they have a different turbo!
Secondly APR is not end of line!
APR is still going strong and still have all there dealers in the UK from what I have seen, and having heard what some were saying to some of the guys at the weekend they have no intention of doing any other software, in fact maybe you should read this thread I saw -

http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/791167.phtml

(I can post links out before anyone moans, basically cause I'm posting it not to promote another site /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

And again you'll all note my unbiased posting sorting out a query re: a rival company!

[ QUOTE ]
And again you'll all note my unbiased posting sorting out a query re: a rival company!

[/ QUOTE ]
John,

You're not posting about a rival company because, as you stated, these are your opinions and thus you're not representing AMD and therefore they cannot be a rival company!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif