Removing the glovebox

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
I know there are about 6 - 8 bolts but what do I need to remove them? My car isn't here so I can't go out and look. Also I have the CD changer in there, how easy is it to take it out and re install?

08 B7 Avant.

Thank you.

Morning shorty, changer is removed with 2 radio key holes at the bottom, slides out & disconnect at rear, refit in reverse with no keys :)

Glovebox has about 6 x 8mm hex headed bolts to remove, 1 is hidden behind the changer so remove this 1st.

What's the crack, problems?

He'd need a trident to get this far atm, maybe when back I'll revise my height comment lol (he's not short at all)

So I need radio keys?

I am fitting the cooling pipe from the aircon to cool the glovebox, maybe do it this weekend if I get chance, or manage to collect the bits from Listers.

Shorty? Beats being called Tea ***** :)

Reactions: Geebo and Sandra
Yesh you do to release the side clips matey, also the cooling pipe sucks ****, had it on our S4 B6 & you need the specific glovebox with fridge area to make it even remotely effective or do you have other ideas like cooling firearms lol.

I need to keep my Epipen cooler, it lives in the glovebox. If it gets too hot it affects it. Had to replace three this year so far. The cost so far equals the parts I need so for me its a worthwhile mod even if it only cools it by a few degrees.
I will gets some radio keys when (if) I get to Listers today.

Ah yes fairly important then, but you realise aircon has to be on at all times to maintain cooling effect, sorry if sucking eggs here, but its not a separate system, I personally would of suggested a boot cooler box via 12v socket.

I never have the aircon off, that why Tracey wears a fleece in the car all the time :laugh:

Reactions: Sandra
Problem with that is when you do have heat up, would it affect the item even more with the hose fitted as it would be directly on the item in question, whereas before it may have been shielded by heat or are we talking even in the coldest of winters you have it on freezing lol.

I don't recall that tbh, but I maybe mistaken, mine was subject to whatever condition climate was on, but hey all up for learning more :)

If I get it fitted over the weekend I will let you know if it works or not.
Parts collected and they were kind enough to give me a couple of sets of radio keys.

Hi,
Having recently fitted the chilled glove box option on my B7 2006, I can confirm that it is always cool as long as the A/C is running regardless of temp settings.
Really simple to do took me about an hour, that was to fit the chilled glove box lining as well.

Reactions: sidibear
yes it stays cold in there even with full heat on

Reactions: sidibear
Airbag light is staying on. Dis says passenger airbag on, but light remains lit. Light on buttons under the central air vents isn't on.

Any ideas?

Just needs clearing with vcds matey :)

Thanks Nige, I was hoping it was something simple.
I will have to put up with it for a while until I can get someone to shift it.

ill be around m42 m5 saturday if any good

Bez,
I have to go to Halesowen on Saturday, near Mucklow Hill. Anywhere near where you will be?

ill be passins on the motorways on way to s wales
so would be a service station if your near one
tamworth
hopwood park
Strensham Service

Hopwood around 1230pm
or there abouts depending on any road works.

I will have to get back to you to confirm. Have to get to Makro Sat morning, maybe able to meet you on my way back if I take the long route.