upgrading headlight bulbs

kenny_boon

Reaction score
hi all,

has anyone upgraded their headlight bulbs(non xenon)? im just wondering weather the standard bulbs are as good as you can get or are upgrades worthwhile?

what do you all use? main and dipped beam?

kenny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The Audi bulbs are useless, I have put silverstars in the A4 and Philips 50% brighter in the A3, I put Philips GT150's in the A6 on Tuesday and they seem pretty good, they are no brighter really but a cleaner light and they have a much longer beem.

There is a thread on tyresmoke.net at the moment and a fitting guide too in the sticky at the top of the A4 forum.

thanks guys, wasnt sure what they upgrades were like compared with standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used the Osram SilverStars and they are a little better but not as much as I hoped.
The standard lights really are dreadfull and they seem to cut off suddenly really close to the car. I got the 'stealer' to check the beam level but they said it was fine, so I moved it up a little bit myself, which improves things a bit and I have checked that they are not dazzling to other drivers, buit they are still very poor for a quality car.
I will definately make sure that I get Xenons if and when I change cars.I had them on my Mazda 6 and they were night and day compared to the A4's ( sorry, couldn't resist the pun ! ) .