Carbonio CAI

trevorb33

Reaction score
Am seriously considering getting a carbonio CAI for my car, its a 1.8t a3 i have heard nothing but good things about them and they are alot cheaper then the new k&N CAI equivelant, anyone got any thoughts, or can you tell me what air induction system you are using at the moment, anyone recommend any other kits, i want something quite loud so the loudness of the system would be good to know, thanks for your help

I am using this system on mine and love it to bits. If you are after noise then this is the one to go for. You can hear the flutter of the DV as it dumps back into the airbox quite nicely.

I can't say it improves performance as I can't tell, but the noise more then make up for it!

is it worth getting one if i've already had a remap? Would it negatively affect the remap?

A friend has this on his Octavia vRS. He loves it and says it improves throttle response. Personnaly it's not really to my taste, unless you want your car to sound like a maxxed skyline.

Ah, you kids!

You are wasting your time... They make no power (and in fact the dyno graphs I have seen in person with these and similar devices fitted show less power) as the airbox and filter on 1.8Ts is not restrictive and additionally the ECU reads the airflow values and adjusts to OEM levels anyhow... They make precious little extra noise, there is NO sensible explaination for better throttle response and if anything they are more likely to attact heat and increase intake temps (also proven on the dyno!)

I would suggest that the mythical improvements are entirely due to someone spending a chunk of their hard earned on these bling tubes and convincing themselves that because it costs money it MUST be better... I defy anyone to reliably notice throttle response changes on a 1.8T engine blind and I defy anyone to reliably notice a difference of 10bhp...

Bling yes, improvement? I think not...