Driver's door lock won't work with key

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I've searched and can't find anyone who has had the same issue. I've just refurbed my non-working key with new pad and battery. I need to sync it but my driver's side door loak won't open or close with the key. It works fine with the remote central locking, will lock/unlock with the interior switch, has never failed to catch and all interior lights come on as normal and it is detected on the dash when it is open. Both of my keys can't open it, both will open the boot lock and both will start and drive the car without issues.

It wouldn't be a problem but I can't sync the refurbed key using the process in the manual without being able to manually lock/unlock the driver's door lock

Can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

does the barrel turn? if not then sounds seized up a bit of penetrating oil will help

It turns but not far enough. I don't want to force it as the keys start to separate with too much twisting. I've opened the lock aperture and liberally sprayed WD40 in it earlier today but no joy yet

Thanks

Right the driver's door will now manually unlock only with both keys now but only if the 1 working remote has already been used to unlock it with central locking. The lock will not manually lock with either key. It will lock with the remote or from the internal switch.

My non-working remote key will start and drive the car.

Any help much appreciated fellas as I can't really afford to go to the stealers at the moment

Thanks