Centre brake light

Andrewr12

Reaction score
Hi all

On a bit of a roll fixing things at the minute after VagPro saving the day. Anyway on my partners convertible the centre brake light works intermittently, any of you guys changed bulbs or cleaned contacts?

Many thanks

It appears to be an led unit as no bulbs show in parts, so I would remove & check the connectors for corrosion, if its not this, then maybe split the unit & check the pcb, its about £45 part, but verify wirings all ok to the unit 1st.

I had this problem about a year ago. Removed brake light, cleaned all connections etc, and it seemed to sort it.......for a very short time! You will be best off replacing the brake light, if I remember correctly, it was about £40, straight forward to do and I have never had any problems since.

as above but
the cab has a prob with breaking wires
so pull the rubber boots back and check for any damage,
think that wire runs through the pass side rubber

Reactions: NHN
Don't know why I didn't think of that one, nice one bez obvious 1st place to look, doh.

only cos mine went last week
ans the warning was bugging me all week.

Hi guys,

Many thanks for the advice will take a look hopefully over the weekend

I had the same problem with my B7 Cabrio recently. The promblem was caused by dry solder joints in the LED unit. Easy fix if you have or can get hold of a solder iron. Let me know if you not sure how to do this!

Hi, thanks for that still not had chance to take a look as stuck at work.

Will let you know what I find

ive got the same problem now whats best to fix it please