19" WHEELS HELP - S3

shortfletch11

Reaction score
I am due to put a set of 19" BBS CK's on my 2006 S3 this weekend on a set of 225/35/19 tyres. offset is ET44 on these. i know that these dont sit great on standard suspension so I am also looking to put a set of AP Coilovers on so the wheels sit nicely in the arches.

What I want to know is how much to lower the car by to avoid having issues with speed humps, particularly the big buggers which go all the way across the width of the road? I dont want my car to catch anything if that makes sense?

HELP PLEASE??

When you fit the coilovers, just have them wound down certain distances at a time - you will only know when you have them on the car.

My S3 has 19x8 BBS CH et50 with 235/35/19 lowered 25mm on H&R springs with no rubbing issues at all.

I would start with a 20-30mm drop then go from there. Do allow for them to settle in so lower the car to about 10mm above the tyre then drive at it for a wee while then check your levels.

More than likely you will have to remove the rear bumper screw at the 2o'clock passenger side and 10 o'clock drivers side positions.

When you fit the coilovers, just have them wound down certain distances at a time - you will only know when you have them on the car.

My S3 has 19x8 BBS CH et50 with 235/35/19 lowered 25mm on H&R springs with no rubbing issues at all.

I would start with a 20-30mm drop then go from there. Do allow for them to settle in so lower the car to about 10mm above the tyre then drive at it for a wee while then check your levels.

More than likely you will have to remove the rear bumper screw at the 2o'clock passenger side and 10 o'clock drivers side positions.

its not so much the rubbing im worried about mate? more catching on speed humps? how is yours?

I've got AP's on mine with 18" wheels. At the back they're set so there's no arch gap and fronts are a bit higher but needs to come down a bit more yet.

I didn't think it scraped at all but when I jacked the car up last time, there was quite a bit of scraping on the underneath. It's not the full length speed bumps that are a problem, it's the little ones where people go over with their wheels either side!

It's all trial and error and how big the bumps are near you tbh. Just remember you can't fly over them as you would on standard suspension.

I've got AP's on mine with 18" wheels. At the back they're set so there's no arch gap and fronts are a bit higher but needs to come down a bit more yet.

I didn't think it scraped at all but when I jacked the car up last time, there was quite a bit of scraping on the underneath. It's not the full length speed bumps that are a problem, it's the little ones where people go over with their wheels either side!

It's all trial and error and how big the bumps are near you tbh. Just remember you can't fly over them as you would on standard suspension.

ah ok, i was bothered about the bumper catching on the front for the full length ones? for the little ones i will go over them one side on one side off so should be ok. prob only looking at a 20-30mm drop.

any pics of yours mate?