A3 2.0 TFSI Loosing boost.

jhnlaw4

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some advice please.

Twice my car has lost all boost when driving and it feels like a slug. There are no warning lights on the dash. The first time I just switched it off and back on and it fixed the problem. The second time I checked with Torque on the phone, connected via the ODB and it showed no error codes, again no lights on the dash. Again turning off and back on fixed the issue.

Obviously with no error codes, I dont know where to even start looking.

Its a 2006 model, 2.0 TFSI Quattro thats been remapped by Celtic, other than that its standard.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS. How do I get hold of VAGCOM?

Thanks

John

Classic sign of a knackered diverter valve that's where I would start. you can get the rev d diverter valve from Tps for £50 ish. Easy swap did mine a few months ago same car.

If DV has split, then I'd doubt engine would run ok after a rest.
Disconnect the MAF sensor and see it that makes a difference.
If it doesn't, could be it's iffy...

Classic sign of a knackered diverter valve that's where I would start. you can get the rev d diverter valve from Tps for £50 ish. Easy swap did mine a few months ago same car.

Thanks Turbo Jay, I was told that if it was the DV, you'd most likely hear a wooshing sound in the drivers foot well of the car, is that correct?

If DV has split, then I'd doubt engine would run ok after a rest.
Disconnect the MAF sensor and see it that makes a difference.
If it doesn't, could be it's iffy...

Thanks MrLapou, I'll try that the next time it happens, unfortunately it may be a few weeks before I see the problem again.