oil advice (APY lump)

Burnsie666

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking for a bit of info on oil grade, my APY S3 is due a change and a quick google search has brought up ALOT of different opinions. In the past i have topped up with edge 5w30 fully but looking online it seems a few people are running 100k plus 1.8 20VT lumps on 10w 40 semi?

cars got 113K on it which i know isnt a million miles for a vag lump i just wanted to check before i go spending out on some potentially rubbish stuff :(

cars used on a 30 mile comute everyday (motorway) and a quick b road blast to the grand parents at weekends ;)

im used to n/a cars and allways used to run mobile one 10/40 semi or millers on my high mileage ZS180

whats the general thoughts on the above? car does need a top up every now and then on the old 5w30 so should i be going thicker?

Thanks in advance all! :)

Fully syn 5w-40 is what you need mate.

ideal mate thanks for that! :)

Have any of you used Lucas oil stabilizer in a s3 before? ive used on my kv6 but understand thats a whole different ball game compared to the s3 haha

I agree with 5-40. I was on 5-30 and it was using a little of it and I mean a little. Since going on the 40w, it uses none.