Tints today - pics

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Another fantastic piece of work from Kev at Kevlon in Bexley. If you're in Kent or SE London, and you want your car tinted, I really do recommend him.

P1000398_zps91e981b0.jpg

P1000399_zps09063177.jpg

P1000400_zps47de87f8.jpg

P1000401_zpsb9c2fe9f.jpg

P1000402_zpse561aad7.jpg

P1000403_zps07f1a3fe.jpg

P1000404_zps43a5122f.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEZ, Amason007, TOM.S and 4 others
​Looking most excellent Jeff. Thanks for sharing the pictures. :) x

looks good
make sure the wiper dont go over the sunstrip

Reactions: jdp1962
Nice one....just the right shade there...only one thing I wonder....would it have been possible to have graduated shading on the sunstrip on the front windscreen...most probably not eh? Looks great, am well jealous...

BR
A

Nice one....just the right shade there...only one thing I wonder....would it have been possible to have graduated shading on the sunstrip on the front windscreen...most probably not eh? Looks great, am well jealous...

BR
A

First question I asked him. "If only" was the reply. I guess it's a case of the manufacturers not yet supplying a film with a graduated shade.

they do a graduated shade
lad i use has it
i could prob get you some if you want to change it

Looks like he's done a fantastic job there. As above I'd prefer a sun strip with a graduated shade but still looks good. Mine already has the strip in the windscreen so perhaps getting a new windscreen fitted with the OEM shaded windscreen?

First question I asked him. "If only" was the reply. I guess it's a case of the manufacturers not yet supplying a film with a graduated shade.

Thought so....anyway, does a grand job of hiding all of that gadgetry up there!

Well done again.
A

Excellent job Jeff, sunstrip looks really neat, looks like it hides the goodies well

looks spot on Jeff

whats next then mate.....

looks good
make sure the wiper dont go over the sunstrip

Surely the tiny is on the inside of the window, making the wiper irrelevant....

Looks good though, but am I the only one who prefers the sun strip as it is rather than graduated?!

Looks good though, but am I the only one who prefers the sun strip as it is rather than graduated?!

No you're not. I'm already growing to like it. And yes, I think you're right. as far as I can tell, the windscreen tint is on the inside only.

I think bez101 is referring to legality, iirc if the wiper sweeps across the tint it's illegal. I'm sure the tinter would know that though.

It is on the inside
I ment for the mot if the wipers go over it it's a fail

looks great mate

would like mine done but spent enough this year

but seeing yours tinted is really tempting :(

i like it! whats the % of the tints? where the front side windows done too? Can I ask how much it was roughly to get done? Its another thing on my ever-growing list of todos!

It is on the inside
I ment for the mot if the wipers go over it it's a fail

Bez, does that rule only apply to a retrofit sunstrip? The reason I ask is that my B6 had a factory-fit one and the wipers definitely overlapped it.

i like it! whats the % of the tints? where the front side windows done too? Can I ask how much it was roughly to get done? Its another thing on my ever-growing list of todos!
Not sure what the percentage is, to be honest. We just discussed which tint I wanted from the available shades without any mention of numbers. To be honest, I can never remember how the percentages work. Does 80% refer to the amount of light let through or the amount blocked?

I didn't have the front side windows done. I don't think it's allowed because the factory tint is already close to the limit (someone please correct me if that's wrong). It was £175 to do the rear window, rear door windows and the rear quarter lights, plus an extra £20 to do the windscreen sunstrip.

Last edited:
Not sure what the percentage is, to be honest. We just discussed which tint I wanted from the available shades without any mention of numbers. To be honest, I can never remember how the percentages work. Does 80% refer to the amount of light let through or the amount blocked?

I didn't have the front side windows done. I don't think it's allowed because the factory tint is already close to the limit (someone please or react me if that's wrong). It was £175 to do the rear window, rear door windows and the rear quarter lights, plus an extra £20 to do the windscreen sunstrip.
I believe your correct on the percentage thing. Well, you choose well on the shade anyway!

My front windows dont seem to have any tint to them at all (or at least very little). :)

It looks like you have a 20% tint which blocks out 80% of the light, most popular tint. It is completely illegal to tint the drivers and passengers window, the window has a factory 70% dip the law changed a lot in 2006 when they brought in the mobile phone law, was only ever an advisory, thing is it won't fail an MOT having fronts done, my avant is 20% through out but I guess as I do the tinting I can strip and keep re tinting if ever pulled over.

I was enquiring with him too, but got put off with the possibility of silvering over the dot matrix; what is it like on yours, any close-ups?

How long have you had them done now, any issues?

Are they warranted?

Maybe I'm being a bit ott?

Another fantastic piece of work from Kev at Kevlon in Bexley. If you're in Kent or SE London, and you want your car tinted, I really do recommend him.

Mine are 20% tints
Shame.i cant get the fronts done...sun strip never even crossed my mind

Attachments

• 20160313_155532.jpg
    20160313_155532.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100