Upgrade alloys

nazkhan33

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a 1.9 tdi Quattro Sport on a 04 reg currently on 17" alloys, and need some help/advise on alloy/tyre upgrades.

I am after some 19" (head says 18" - heart says 19" lol) alloys and would appreciate any advice on what spec these should be to fit the car without the need for spacers or any suspension change etc.... before I go and make a expensive mistake!!

Much appreciated

Naz

If they stay the same width, or slightly more (I know 8" is fine) then get 235/35/19 tyres I believe, and the circumference will be almost identical, so the overall size won't change. You'll just have more wheel to tyre ratio :)

Spacers, I'm not sure but I seem to think most people aim for an et of around 35 on the a4. So spacers will depend on your wheel et first. I don't run any, I've considered them many times but not got any yet.

I run 18's, on 235/40/18's. Only once had slight rubbing reversing up a kerb, and my car is pretty low.

Edit: Oh sorry, you said you don't want spacers ha! Well as above, if you stay no more than 8" wide I can't see you having any troubles.

Thanks pal, I have seen a huge selection of alloys etc...just need to make my mind up :)

Do you think the new TTRS style rim would look any good?

Alloys are a very personal thing, love the TTRS wheels but not sure about them on older models, if you want an OEM look I'd say go for classic RS6's (every man and his dog has them here though haha, including me).

Something like these....
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NlgxNjAw/z/07sAAMXQhuVRS63i/$T2eC16hHJF8E9nnC9bhyBRS63h0Esg~~60_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

You would need about 20mm spacers if you want to fit tt or later a3 alloys. They are 50 something et. Unless you go for replicas if available. Rs6 alloys do look good as mentioned but very popular. In my opinion newer style audi alloys don't look quite right on the b6. But post some pics when you decide.

Yeah i agree with moggs regarding the newer audi wheels on b6's but hey each to their own when it comes to wheels i guess. After all i am considering getting some kahns on mine.