My new A3 story so far

Very pleased :sm4: for you Sean that Audi have rectified the situation and given you peace of mind. I certainly felt for you and the situation you were/are in, bearing in mind I am taking delivery of my sportback at the end of May/beginning of June and it could quite easily happen to me. Look forward to more details. Best wishes, Steve
iam sure you will have no problems mate, I was given some figures earlier from Audi and its not that common. Thank you mate

Well done on getting the outcome you wanted. Looking forward to the update.

it almost makes me feel like I was being a bit of a saddo about the situation but Iam a car fanatic, Iam pleased with the resolve and I will update.... I may use this thread as my build thread for planned modifications.... :)

Just read this thread.

After ordering a Brand new car, I'd not accept anything repaired by the dealer. This is a brand new car, and should be brand new. Why would you accept repair work to a brand new car?

Reject, and speak to Audi CS.
again I will keep everyone updated when and what has been done upon deal completion

Cheers, Sean

Read this entire thread with interest, and nice to hear the following:

Audi have redeemed theirselves 2 a point in my eyes.........

Can I assume you are talking about Audi UK here, or the franchise?

I have a car a brand new Audi in my possession currently that's all that matters. :) alls well that ends well.

Let's hope that as well as the new car, they also threw in some other 'freebies' for all the hassle that it has caused you. Enjoy.

To the OP ...Sounds like you got a result :) And credit to you for holding off losing your temper (as you mentioned you have a short temper) or naming the dealer and causing a potential s**t storm until you had made attempts to sort it out amicably - which you seem to have done ... Probably always best to stand back, take stock and work out a plan of action ...M

Reactions: s33nyboy12

Didn't get as far as Audi UK mate, the franchise manager has dealt with it amicably now...... So I guess I'm fortunate in that respect as iv heard of others having to battle back and forth for weeks with Audi UK ect when they have had issues......

Sean

Didn't get as far as Audi UK mate, the franchise manager has dealt with it amicably now...... So I guess I'm fortunate in that respect as iv heard of others having to battle back and forth for weeks with Audi UK ect when they have had issues......

Sean

Finally a franchise manager who can actually do the job. Glad everything has worked out. I spent 10 months complaining about my first A4 (back in 1995) and ended up going to Audi UK to get it sorted.

Well ...... After having a new q3 for a week or so ( which surprising in the s line variant I had was quite impressive for what it is) here is my new a3.....

CFFAF625-84D3-49EC-883B-E41117EA79DE-384-0000002A8C9A483E_zps30beb4dd.jpg

FD737C72-6C8E-40E4-A4C8-3D5DE353D7CC-384-0000002A30BB1153_zps3111cee2.jpg

B603617F-72C6-4BA3-AEEF-B1A31B4E67AF-384-0000002A11FF34B2_zps644349a3.jpg

832F103E-459C-4B8D-949F-DBAA8DD1B289-384-00000029D6F89668_zps6a878880.jpg

not got my plate on it yet but here is how it looks with ;-)

273B56F1-35B1-495C-90CB-AB84BBE680F1-384-00000029BABB5B3C_zps6457e38e.jpg

let me know what you think guys.......

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
Well ...... After having a new q3 for a week or so ( which surprising in the s line variant I had was quite impressive for what it is) here is my new a3.....

CFFAF625-84D3-49EC-883B-E41117EA79DE-384-0000002A8C9A483E_zps30beb4dd.jpg

FD737C72-6C8E-40E4-A4C8-3D5DE353D7CC-384-0000002A30BB1153_zps3111cee2.jpg

B603617F-72C6-4BA3-AEEF-B1A31B4E67AF-384-0000002A11FF34B2_zps644349a3.jpg

832F103E-459C-4B8D-949F-DBAA8DD1B289-384-00000029D6F89668_zps6a878880.jpg

not got my plate on it yet but here is how it looks with ;-)

273B56F1-35B1-495C-90CB-AB84BBE680F1-384-00000029BABB5B3C_zps6457e38e.jpg

let me know what you think guys.......

Sean
Sean,
To my untrained eye it looks great! Well worth the hassle you went through. Just can't wait for mine to arrive.

Looking good Sean :icon_thumright:

Thanks mark!

Yeh has been there being fully detailed for a week inside and out, looks brilliant in the sun. I have to say the brand new q3 I had as a courtesy car was covered in scratches too. Good old JCT600 for you, must sell a lot to the partially impaired or something.

Sean

Did it go to a detailer Sean?

Yes with Audi Sheffield for a week mate..
Looking good Sean :icon_thumright:
thanks vorhees , did you get my pm mate? I still don't know how to edit my threads lol :)

Looks superb... worth the wait.

thanks hittchy , it will be changing slightly over next few weeks when I get back from Europe, going to turn this into a minor build thread ( I mean minor!)

Sean

Well, I'm currently in hamburg in the a3!

Drove to Paris , then Brussels , then cologne and now in hamburg . I must say I'm very impressed with the car (2.0 tdi s line) ...... Cobbles in Paris , shocking roads in Belgium and fantastic autobahns in Germany the car has excelled. Anyone questioning the comfort of the s line suspension on journeys is stupid. Handles great, comfy, responsive my only quarm minor is the power could be a little more and would be perfect.

I will upload pictures of a SAFE 130mph on the Germany highway, didnt push any further . ( my partner was photographer) .

The sat nav is quick, responsive, simple.... I have used it for everything from routes to hotels and parking. Simplicity :)

I really reccomend the car, I will post some pics when I return ,just waiting for my mrs to get ready before we go out so got a spare 50 odd minutes.

Going to Berlin next and then Zurich then home.

Sean

Reactions: SJW
I'm back from Europe with some pics, not the pictures I would of liked but you can't park your car outside the louvre or the Eiffel Tower .....they don't let you :-(.

seen some awesome stuff and cars whilst there, just took me 4 hours to clean the car though after 2000 miles of hard driving. You could rent an r8 / lambo/ Ferrari for €89 euro in Paris for

some cheap alcohol ..... Normally like £16 in Asda

seen this bad boy in Lidl car park:

very confused at a German car wash.... :-s

after pressing all the buttons on it I got it kind of clean.....

this guy flashed me out the way on an autobahn lol, Peugeot 300 classic

road tested on autobahn people were still overtaking and flashing to get out the way, including a van. Us Brits are slow it would seem.

the German roads are fantastic , so quick to get everywhere , not as congested as ours. Anyone considering making this trip or similar just do it. I really enjoyed it and so did my partner, great fun and put 2000 miles on my car just broke it in nicely.

Sean

Reactions: Jeff777LUFC
Just chucking a few pics in here as I said this is my minor build thread, enjoy!

wheels still to be done.

weather is rubbish, lighting rubbish ect. And I'm crap with a camera but looks wicked in real life. I'll post more pictures when the wheels are done its booked in next week for wheel colour adaptions.

cheers, Sean