17963 - Charge Pressure: Maximum Limit Exceeded

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey guys

Hope you are all well ?? :)

Was driving the car on Saturday and was in 6th, went to put my foot down and it pulled away but then sort of hesitated almost like a flat spot, i let go and put my foot down again and it carried on as normal.

I did a scan today and this fault code came up, now ive done a search and can see there is a similar thread running at the mo, but wasnt sure if they were the same thing as the error message is slightly different.

This is what the Ross-Tech site says:

Possible Symptoms

Reduced power output
Limp mode

Possible Causes

Boost Pressure too High
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Possible Solutions

Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles

I've been out to the car and done a quick visual check and all pipework etc seems to be ok, I have the N249 delete on the car as well and all piping to and from this seems to be intact too, so im presuming it could be the N75 thats causing the issue??

Is this right, if so, is it just a case of replacing it?

I have cleared the fault and will be taking it for a spin tomorrow, i'll do another scan in the evening and see if the fault comes back and more to the point if I get the issue tomorrow as well.

Any help much appreciated.
Cheers
Nilz

Weather is getting warmer so ECU will request more boost to meet cylinder fill requirements (less dense air)... this can highlight tired components and issues with pikey maps :)

<tuffty/>

Thanks guys...never been an issue before even if it does have a pikey map....lol. Is it anything to worry about and Paul which components in particular?

OK so this came back again today, felt like the car went into limp mode again on the mway, scanned it and the same fault came up again.

Ive checked all piping and it all seems to be ok, however I have noticed on idle that the revs sit just under 10 (as normal), but they seem to bob up and down, it hasnt done this before and normally it sits just under the 10 and stays constant not moving up and down.

Any ideas what else this could be?

read through my threads for possible solutions... mine was crappy chinese turbo which im sure yours is not but theres a few tests you can do fella.

Cheers dude, will have a read now, mine is the standard AMK S3 turbo.

Looking at the posts, it looks like it could be an issue from the DV pipe to the Charge Pipe?

I had my Cambelt and Waterpump replaced recently, could this have knocked something or caused it to leak, do you think?

I know its a shot in the dark, but im just trying to work out what the issue is....

OK i checked all piping and as far as i can see everytihng looks to be ok, any other things i can check?

could link the charge pipe straight to the actuator and see if it still does it, i did this then you can see if the mechanical side of the turbo is all ok because the n75 is out of the loop... if it runs at 0.5bar/7psi and doesnt trhrow the code all is well there.

could still be the n75, i read they can get lazy and not throw a code... also could be wireing to n75... if you do decide to replace it go genuine bosch of course otherwise you'll fit a cheap ebay jobbie like i did then have no confidence in it anyway so you'll buy a bosch lol...

only other thing is to get on to tuffty or badger and do some logging i guess?