AWX 1.9 EGR blank

Ian2012

Reaction score
Is this worth it and what are the gains?? Also am i going to put the check engine light on??

ta

Ian

just buy two blanking plates from ebay for about £5 delivered.
as for gains just might get a few more MPG and it will stop the carbon biuld up aswell.

not really noticeable gains but ive done it

Fitted my allard delete kit a few weeks back and would definitely recommend it along with intake manifold clean.

Much smoother power delivery and pulls much better as soon as it hits 2k rpm. May be because it eliminated a boost leak but I know there is still another leak that needs fixing as well!

Fitted my allard delete kit a few weeks back and would definitely recommend it along with intake manifold clean.

Much smoother power delivery and pulls much better as soon as it hits 2k rpm. May be because it eliminated a boost leak but I know there is still another leak that needs fixing as well!

Was your EGR and manifold pretty clogged up? Maybe the better power delivery is down to merely opening up the airways rather than the delete itself? Still going to give it a go myself soon but using the blanking plate method and therefore maintain original appearance for MOT time.

Ian, from the info on here it seems only post 2002 models give a check engine warning light. Easy way to check is to pull off the EGR vacuum pipe and plug it with a small bolt or something. A couple of engine cycles should be enough to bring it on.

Not majorly but enough I'd say. Pretty sure EGR is not an MOT requirement so it won't matter either way.

Mine is 52 plate and I had no issue with check engine light.

Was your EGR and manifold pretty clogged up? Maybe the better power delivery is down to merely opening up the airways rather than the delete itself? Still going to give it a go myself soon but using the blanking plate method and therefore maintain original appearance for MOT time.

Ian, from the info on here it seems only post 2002 models give a check engine warning light. Easy way to check is to pull off the EGR vacuum pipe and plug it with a small bolt or something. A couple of engine cycles should be enough to bring it on.

Mines an 03 with no problems.

You will need to remove the egr valve to attach the blanking plate underneath so give it a good clean with mr muscle ;)

plenty diesel injector cleaner and give it the beans
thats what I did :)

Not majorly but enough I'd say. Pretty sure EGR is not an MOT requirement so it won't matter either way.

Mine is 52 plate and I had no issue with check engine light.

Yep, you're right! I'm confusing EGR with catalytic converter. Duh :keule:

I didn't need to remove my EGR to fit my plate, but it was a little tricky. I did take it out before I fit the plate though so it was already cleaned. For me, I personally didn't notice a sausage, but nevermind. I'm sure it's better for the car considering how caked in crap the intake mani was.

May seem a silly question why buy 2?? am i not just blanking it off at the exhuast manifold?

Blanking the EGR will give better throttle response. It won't fail the mot if you blank it or even remove it. You need two plates to eliminate the pipe, one for each end.

Remove the interconnecting pipe and blank the hole on the egr and the hole on the exhaust manifold. This way you won't get any oil leaking from the egr if the valve seal is worn or not quite closed.

smashing just bought a couple of plates do you need a gasket for the exhaust??