Air con help

heap1000

Reaction score
Car is a A3 2.0tdi 2004.

Had some warm weather today so tried the AC for the first time since owning the car.

The blowers never really got cold? I have the dual dial set up and turned both these down to low and tried it with auto press and without.
Am i doing it right? Do i even have AC? Or will i need the AC topping up?

Thanks

Yes that button was off,to be honest i have never pressed it.

Looks like it needs a re-gas then.

Not really relevant but I took some pipes off my air con last week and the liqued got on my hand and it swelled up.
The gas makes you dizzy aswell when the valve is bled.

Do u have a a/c button in ur car or light? Have u tried reading ur Audi manual? Maybe ur a/c needs recharged and or serviced :)

It does not have a AC button or light. If i remember right it has a auto button , econ, one with a arrow and another with an arrow with a A on it. Read the manual when i first got it, will try amd find the time to have a quick look.

Car is a A3 2.0tdi 2004.

Had some warm weather today so tried the AC for the first time since owning the car.

The blowers never really got cold? I have the dual dial set up and turned both these down to low and tried it with auto press and without.
Am i doing it right? Do i even have AC? Or will i need the AC topping up?

Thanks

Top tip, take it to Kwik-Fit for a regas. They do it for about 50 quid and if it doesn't hold charge they don't charge you.

Not really relevant but I took some pipes off my air con last week and the liqued got on my hand and it swelled up.
The gas makes you dizzy aswell when the valve is bled.

I'm sorry but this was a pretty stupid thing to do. If you're not trained then do not touch air con pipes.