performance manifold for 1.8T AGU

a3dam

Reaction score
Hi i am hoping someone will be able to help me as i trying to find a performance manifold for 1.8T AGU 1998 A3 but i cant be looking in the right places as i dont seem to be having any luck so was hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Adam

Inlet manifold or exhuast manifold?

Inlet manifold, there is probably no point on the standard turbo
the exhuast manifold can be ported to help with flow

Sorry for not making it clear. I looking for a exhaust manifold as uprated the turbo and now thinking of going for more power and going to change front half of exhaust now.
Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe and de-cat

As said, Bill at Badger5 ports std K03 manifolds as they flow pretty well anyway...

Define uprated turbo?

<tuffty/>

Sorry for not making it clear. I looking for a exhaust manifold as uprated the turbo and now thinking of going for more power and going to change front half of exhaust now.
Exhaust manifold, 3" downpipe and de-cat

A well ported stock manifold will outflow any current k03 no need for performance one. There are some available but I believe they crack pretty easily

its a "beachbuggy" built K04-001 (Built from a K03s turbo, K04-022 turbine)

Other upgrades so far.
toyosport intercooler.
saab red top injectors
2.5" cat back exhaust
Vr6 clutch and flywheel
remapped currently on 230.6bhp and 296 torque.

I like to try go bit more so looking try get few more mods done before i go for another remap.

The more we test the more apparent uprated actuators are need on these things. I don't think your old stock actuator is going to help things. I think I mentioned in the past to you but a b5 ported manifold and an actuator will definately help.

Is that "b5" a exhaust manifold front a passat? Sorry but I not very good with cars just trying track bits down and then get garage to fit parts for me.

basically get a k03 exhuast manifold, send it to badger 5(his contact details are on this site or google him) once he has worked his magic, get your garage to fit it to your car.
also try get an uprated actuator like beachbuggy has said. try a turbo shop