Buying help - will he get everything he wants?

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
Hello B7ers. I'm a b6er but am after your advice while I'm helping friend who is in the market for a B7.

In your opinion should he be able to fulfill his wishlist for 11K?

The wishlist is
A4 Avant (not saloon) B7 '06 or newer
2.0 TDI 170
S-Line
Not fussed if it's Quattro or not
Under 65000 miles
Black, Silver or Grey
Leather
RNS-E
Bose

Would appreciate your thoughts. And of course if you know of a car for sale that ticks the boxes then say - he's looking to buy right now!

Cheers.

So we went and he bought this today

Vehicle View - Audi A4 2.0 TDI (170 PS) S-Line Avant - Tetbury

Got it for a smidge over his original budget (not the price in the ad) plus trade in on an old Focus. But then he does get 12 month warranty from the dealership and a fully prepped and serviced car, so lots of peace of mind.

Didn't have leather despite what the ad says, but does have RNS-E, Bose, parking sensors, interior lighting kit, load kit, phone kit with a dock in the armrest and bluetooth, and ipod connectivity.

I've told him he needs to come and introduce himself here now!

Hi dope.I don,t want to put your friend off his new car but..Make sure he is aware of the oil pump failures on the 2.0 tdi engines..Seeing as he has bought the car from a main dealer he should take advantage of the warranty and get any defects in the engine ie any out of the ordinary ticking or knocking noises sorted..Like I said I don,t want to put him off. Hopefully the car he has got is a "good un"and gives him many years of happy motoring:o.k:

Thanks pburv. I did read up on that. Thought it didn't affect anything as late as this '08 car?

To my ear the engine sounded faultless though.