Steam from pipe

Biddy

Reaction score
Hi guys lots of steam coming from pipe at back of engine took rubber hose off at back of head started car and steam was coming out of the the bit that goes on head and then to heater matrix any ideas

Looks like the steam is coming from theplastic housing at backof head the one the top coolant rail goes to

If thats a heater pipe then it seems like theres an airlock cos s/b water buttheres a leak of some sort.Let it cool and have a good look checking for loose clip or split s

It may be a breather pipe. You may need to clean all the breather pipes out, but this may not solve the problem (if in fact it is a problem) this pipe may well be for the purpose of moving pressure away from that area.....

Hi its the plastic housing on back of head that the top hose that runs across head I think it goes to heater matrix the steam is coming out of the plastic housing I think also it has temp switch in it

easy, the plastic housing will be cracked and spouting steam under pressure.

Was it that hard to see and help people to help you? without bumping the post every few hours.

A photo would have answered this immediately , however I am familiar with the 1.8t and can confirm it sounds like the plastic housing either split or the head to housing seal has gone

Yes mate it is hard to see it properly and to take photo of it is awkward but thank every one for your help i wont bump a thread again thanks