Lumpy Idle & ICM

WorkInProgress

Reaction score
Just been out poking about under the bonnet and I've found if I tilt my ICM a certain way my lumpy idle disappears. Could a loose connection / wire in the ICM be causing my lumpy idle issue?

Was it as bad with the airbox on and ignition amp in its usual place?

Yeah it was on the side of airbox, when I was relocating it the idle smoothed out

Il be getting that airbox back on my friend. That's what il be doing tomorrow. Can't see it being the amp itself. Possible the wiring?

Was it as bad with the airbox on and ignition amp in its usual place?

Yeah it's been that way for a while, new plugs and cleaning throttle body tomorrow, will check for leaks under the inlet manifold too. Wasn't too bad on the old exhaust but it sounds like I'm sitting revving the engine boy racer styleee at junctions and lights with the new one. I suppose when it's your own car you become hyper-sensitive to these things. It's just really annoying just now

Airleak from a split pipe or something will give a lumpy idle... faulty ICM will give a misfire and make the engine sound like a scooby

<tuffty/>

Airleak from a split pipe or something will give a lumpy idle... faulty ICM will give a misfire and make the engine sound like a scooby

<tuffty/>

Hopefully it is just a leak from somewhere, finding it should be fun!

I don't get how moving the ICM about changed the idle though, will need to check the wiring on the 2 connectors to see if anything is amiss

Il be getting that airbox back on my friend. That's what il be doing tomorrow. Can't see it being the amp itself. Possible the wiring?

You going back to the airbox? I'm going to persevere with it for a while, see how I get on

Well I changed spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body. Much better. Very slight fluctuating idle but so much better. Only seems to occur when my foot is on the brake now, not ideal but I can live with it