Common Rail rolling road

notta3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After a bit of lurking I thought I would make my first post. I recently bought my first audi, a 58 s line a3 sportback in red with a 140 CR engine. I've got the day off tomorrow so will upload photos of what I've done so far to the car.

Ive had the dpf removed and remapped. I spoke to the guys who did it and they say that they couldnt do before and after dyno's because the common rail engines didnt play nice with the rolling road. This makes no sense to me, surely the result is based from power produced at the wheel hence the engine shouldnt matter, could anyone shed any light on the subject??

utter rubbish, what has common rail got to do with running a car on a dyno! is it a Quattro or 2wd?

its a 2wd, exactly what I thought. Strange because this is coming from a tuner with a tuner with a pretty good reputation (on here and other forums)

if that's what they said I'd deffo get it dyno'd somewhere decent and check its running as it should and you get the power gains they quoted. Could have just been an excuse not to do it like didn't have time or something but at least tell you the truth

I'm going there tomorrow to pick it up, I'm not gonna part with cash or leave until its been on the dyno....i'll post the results.

There are problems with Haldex systems and inertia type dynos which can lead to the car pulling back boost and timing but this usually doesn't occur with 2WD systems.

so resurrecting a thread a bit here, I had my 58 plate tdi140 CR (2wd not quattro) remapped and had the dpf taken off by r-tech. They had a go at the rolling road but were unable to do it. They were apologetic and spent a long time explaining it to me, essentially they couldnt dis engage the traction control properly giving a readout that looks like the one below.

16B86F6E BFF5 45F2 856B 7CF0CBFF9200

Has anyone ecountered this before? I'd quite like to know what my car is making, is there a dyno around nottingham that would be able to give a true readout?