Bov or forged diverter????

Rbarlow93

Reaction score
I will be getting my first audi on monday and I love the sound some turbo cars make and I want my audi to make that sounds I saw the hks ssqv kit that on the 1.8t but also the 007p forged diverter what is my best route

Well if I upgrade my diverter valve will it make that noise when it spools and which diverter should I get

I run the forge 007p but you could go for the 008 !!

only way you will get spool noise is if you mod the airbox below the filter or fit a cone filter which deletes the airbox some people disagree with running them but i run one it down to you which way you go the honda s2000 mod looks good as its a paper filter in a cone shape sodoesn't need to be oiled but will need some sort of piping that has a bigger id one end as the filter has a 3" kneck iirc

When you change gear or back of the throttle and the ssqv 'dumps' the MAF sensor has already accounted for that air and the ecu has matched that figure with the amount of fuel to be injected, so you end up getting a few seconds of the car running rich its bery noticable when at idle if you blip the throttle the revs will start to hunt !!

Stick to a piston type diverter and you will be problem free as long as you service it every year. If you the dumping/spool noise you will have to remove the airbox or mod it !! You could fit the forge splitR which will give you more audible dumping noise but no spool noise !!

and you haven't said what car your getting audi 1.8T ??????? LOL

Yes sorry the 1.8t it already has k&n intake borla exhaust awe tuning and short shifter unknown on brand only 92,000 miles its a 01 quattro im excited

My 1.8t is running a cone filter with quite an aggressive map by that I mean it's not gradual just loads of lag then boooost. The chatter from my k&n is quite loud. Probably not a good thing but so many problems with my car I've given up caring

Could well be but penny valve is knackerd so it's being driven until it dies

im running a 007p with a green spring, seems (IMO) to hold boost better, be a bit smoother and quicker than the 710n...

No, as Bradderz has said further up, you would need to do the drilled airbox mod, or fit a cone/mushroom filter (with adequate heat shielding).