17963 maximum boost exceeded? intermitent boost problem??

hey all, my relentless parts have arrived!!!

look all shiney!-)

quick question, after reading about bad welds and miss alined ports my v2 looks pretty good, all the ports line up, welds look consistent, faces are all flat and gasket lines up... got nice copper gaskets with it all aswell! people have told me to get welds done ect... anyone got a constructive opinion?
does this look like a goodun?
how many actually crack, would it help if i heat wrapped it???

DSC 0766DSC 0768DSC 0773DSC 0774DSC 0778DSC 0777DSC 0776DSC 0767DSC 0769DSC 0771DSC 0770DSC 0772

Justarn, did you ever manage to figure out the boost problem? I am having the exact same issue on my 99 APY S3. 1st and 2nd are fine then 3rd is fine all the way up to 4000rpm and then no boost, sometimes it is fine all the way through to 6th but the majority of the time it's not so good. I hear flutter under acceleration, majorly, like *ts ts ts ta ts ts ts* but really fast and constant then a little flutter when I let off, probably like 4 tss tss tss tss noises but not so fast and much louder. I have no idea where to start, maybe someone in or close to Manchester can do a N249 bypass to eradicate some hoses (paid of course) and maybe just a look over while doing this ? Then take it from there, new n75, replace other vac hoses. I have no idea :(

Regards,
Dan.

Oh, it has been scanned recently and overboost fault came up I don't have a scanner but I have access to one plus a hell of a lot of tools, I can try simple things under clear instructions :)

In fact, come to think of it I am quite sure this all started when I reconnected a broken hose that has been disconnected/broken for god knows how long. I have owned the car for 12 months and only just seen this broken hose 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure but I think it was the acutator, I just checked it and an couple of inches feels soft and very squishy but the rest is squeezable but hard. Could it be this hose before I go probing with no knowledge?

Never knew how to describe ... here you did :) I have the same problem...

Justarn, did you ever manage to figure out the boost problem? I am having the exact same issue on my 99 APY S3. 1st and 2nd are fine then 3rd is fine all the way up to 4000rpm and then no boost, sometimes it is fine all the way through to 6th but the majority of the time it's not so good. I hear flutter under acceleration, majorly, like *ts ts ts ta ts ts ts* but really fast and constant then a little flutter when I let off, probably like 4 tss tss tss tss noises but not so fast and much louder. I have no idea where to start, maybe someone in or close to Manchester can do a N249 bypass to eradicate some hoses (paid of course) and maybe just a look over while doing this ? Then take it from there, new n75, replace other vac hoses. I have no idea :(

Regards,
Dan.

Oh, it has been scanned recently and overboost fault came up I don't have a scanner but I have access to one plus a hell of a lot of tools, I can try simple things under clear instructions :)

mine was a crap chinese turbo mate, guessing yours isnt due to it coming on recently! sounds like your n249 is dumping boost through the bov, what other codes you got?

I can't remember the code number but when the tech looked it up he said something about boost pressure limit exceeded and the only other fault was an airbag light (I think in the drivers seat). I really need to bypass the n249, I have wanted to do this anyway just to tidy up the bay but I am not confident doing it myself. I am willing to drive a little and pay anyone who has successfully done it :)

link the actuator pipe straight to the charge pipe and see if it still does it... if it does it is turbo or actuator

I'll do this soon, how long can I leave it like this because just now on my 7 mile drive to work the car was fine and wow it feels amazing after 3 consecutive bad days.

Totally in the dark here, could I get a little help on identifying the actuator and how to connect it to the charge pipe please

Do I bridge the 2 pipes that go to the n75? Actuator goes to N75 the from the N75 to the charge pipe yes? Not very clued up on cars to be honest, I am here to learn though :)

yes thats right, this will run the car on actuator pressure of 5psi of boost. if its working now tho???

Yes it has been working all of today... Perfect if I am honest. Should I make the connection anyway and keep in with me so if it does it again I can just stop right away and bridge the 2 hoses? Or with it being temperamental like this could it not be what you think it is ?

its probably not turbo or actuator if its now running fine tbh. just see how it goes, if it starts again bridge the n75 and see if it still does it....

Thanks for the help up to now, when/if it starts again I'll bridge the n75 and then write back the results but I'll make a new thread and link it. Again, thanks for the advice :)