CVT transmission failure

Danielrm

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to know your experiences with these transmissions, here in my country is a headache, it is very difficult to repair and new is worth more than 10,000 euros, 6 months my car in the shop and it is not good, I just found 3 other Audis with failing and non-repairable. so I want to know your experiences with these transmissions or not we care for Mexicans. thanks

I have a problem with my CVT box on my A4 Cab 2.4 Sport. Sometimes when I try to pull away it chokes then loud bang noise follows. I am going to change the gearbox oil, gearbox oil gasket and gearbox oil filter. I am also going to upgrade the software on the gearbox although I am still re-searching where I can get the latest possible firmware and how to do it using VCDS. There are some people on eBay doing it for £200 but I am not going to follow with it as if this won't fix the problem I will have to get a new gearbox anyway. I am also trying to locate parts to buy to refurb the gearbox with my father. If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it.

I heard about this gearbox having a design fault that it will break at some point. There were rumors of Audi recalling them which I am going to check. People recommend 40,000 miles oil change. Does your car history mention anything about replacing the gearbox oil?