Another facelift?

I was going to say, the B8 only just had a facelift, but seems new chassis B9 or its just a B8.5 like the B6/7 chassis's.

B8 platform is 5 years old this year so not surprising the B9 is on it's ways

The new A4 B9 will no doubt utilise the MQB platform in line with the rest of the VW/Skoda/Seat Group. Already used on the Golf and upcoming Octavia.

5 years already huh, time is flying these days, but then again the 8P lasted 10 years.

Soot1e is incorrect. MQB is for the smaller cars such as the A3/Golf.

The new A4 B9 2014 will be on an MLBevo platform and not the MQB. The current B8 is exclusive to Audi known as the MLB. In other words it is currently not shared with VW/ Seat/skoda etc. whereas the previous B6/B7 were/are. The newest Passat is still on the VW version of B7.

The current B8 has better traction due to increasing the rear weight bias. This has helped reduce under steer significantly. In FWD only models it is noticeable if the front tyres have better grip than the rears. I e new tyres at front old at back. The chassis is very nicely balanced and displays great stability and traction.

The new B9 will be even better and i can't wait to put my order in. It will be exclusive to audi like the current B8. It's likely the B8 will be used by the other brands in the group later on. The plan is to compete with BMW and mercedes and to keep the A4+ models one ore more steps ahead of the other VAG brands.