Fuel problem

burgess18

Reaction score
Right I had my a3 quattro mapped now running 221bhp the fuel seems to be ridiculous ten pound doesn't even last me a night of just cruising everywhere in 6th gear, I haven't changed my fuel filter recon that could have an effect?

I'd say about 20 miles tops, I mean I have lots of plans to make car faster but the fuel at the mo is stupid so just wondering anyone had the same problem, would the fuel filter really play a big part in this

At £1.40/litre that's about 13mpg, that'd suggest there's a problem. Fuel filter may be a contributing factor but it seems a little extreme for that, got any logs from VCDS? What fuel are you putting in it?

I put it on the diagnostics at work no codes come up etc I'm using v power or momentum fuel thought something was up

I mean the fuel guage an miles did play up big time at one point I put £30 in an they both read empty so reset battery an went to half a tank ever since tho the fuel is silly, I put a tenner in get 50miles on my dash but in reality an doing 20max doing almost £20 a night it's stupid it's like I've got a huge twin turbo v8 or something haha

Are the diagnostics VCDS? Might be worth logging fuel trims, any other mods or is it just mapped?

Just mapped and a panel filter mate, it started once I had the problem where the fuel guage an miles stopped working untill I reset the battery an since that yeah it's been their but since the map seems to have got worse it was done by Revo

Without logs it hard to confirm but if it runs ok and doesn't stink of fuel (might be worth checking the plugs) then it could be the sender on the pump is duff...

Well just been looking back at the dyno run, an ever since the map the turbo has been spiking all through the rev range you can feel it, Revo didn't have rollers so after the map I went somwhere else to get it dynoed an it come back running 221bhp but all through the rev range it's spiking bad! I think the map has to be the cause of the problem.

Old car? high mileage? have you checked any of vac / pcv pipes around the engine bay? what DV is fitted?

Split DV diaphram or vacuum pipes will often lead to excessive fuel consumption, or something unplugged causing adaptations to stop will do similar.

also, 221bhp from a st1 with a panel filter is fairly unlikely. Where was it dyno'd?

hi sorry bout late reply, its a y reg with 88,000 miles been serviced by audi every year, ive called revo its booked in for them to have a look at it as soon as the map was done this problem occured the dyno run shows it spikes constantly an during the spike it reaches 221bhp also drops to 174bhp so i think the may have a problem an the dv is standard still would this cause a problem?

Right so today I took the car back to Revo, an yet checked it all over they logged everything an the turbo pressure air flow was all fine, then they took all the boost pipes an inlet off an noticed a huge amount of oil that was sitting in the inlet an in the pipes an had coverd some of the sensor they've cleaned it all up an I'm off to pick it up to see if its sorted they said its running alot smoother, recon that could have been the cause of the problem? An if so where the oil come from the turbo??