wiper blades

beaker

Reaction score
My wiper blades are getting really smeary now. Do I need to go to Audi for replacements, and is it the whole blade arm that gets replaced, or just the blade?

Where do you get them, and is it the whole arm that gets changed?

Prices?

Not priced them for the Audi yet, but I've always got the arm, you don't want to be just replacing the rubbers.

http://www.speeding.co.uk/ do them for £5.00 for 16" and then + £0.50 for each extra inch (depending what size Audi's are)

However, Autoexpress didn't rate them in their recent survey, instead preffering TP from carparts-direct

If you want Bosch and convenience, try your local Halfords.

Surely if you replace them with the genuine Audi parts then that is all that is required, the whole wiper is rubber and just fits to a pin on the main arm.

The cost of the genuine Audi parts is £11.17 for the LH and £11.02 for the RH according to the Audi web-site.

I must say I find the blades on my new A3 much better than on any other Audi I have owned.

Noticed that my local Audi Dealer sells the Bosch ones anf for about the same price Eeef mentioned. Might just go with those.

Are they the 'rubber only' type or rubber in a metal frame as older Audis. ie are they the same as the ones on you current A3.

I don't ate the bosch ones - replaced some wipers on my vectra i had a few years ago and they were noisey as hell... week after bought a set from vauxhall (which were cheaper also) and they were lovely and quiet again.

ps how do you get prices off audi's website?

To get at least some current parts prices from the Audi UK web-site.....

on the opening screen
click Business Sales on the right-hand sidebar
click Fleet Data and Policices on the right
click Fleet Data under Options
click Service Maintenance and Repair (SMR) Data
select your model - A3 or A3 Sportback
click to Accept the conditions and Disclaimer
select your engine type - this will open a spreadsheet...

Below the service cost information is a list of some parts and their prices.

Beware that the Labour in the service costs is based on £56.00 per hour - a little low by todays standards.

You can go back to the engine selection screen and change the hour rate to a more realistic figure and it will give you an indication of service costs as well. I know my own dealer currently charges £86.00 per hour.