New Member - A Few Questions / Requests

PoshFan

Reaction score
Evening all,

I'm a new member to the site and currently not an Audi owner. I've been having a nosy around doing as much research as I can on the 8P as i'm hoping to buy an 07/08 S3 next summer. I test drove one back in October and loved it so i'm now trying to familiarize myself with the ins & outs of the car before I ask a dealer to source me one. Below pic is the car i test drove.

3DFDC698-7D02-42E9-B5C4-2673359C04B0-41284-000013034A84A0BC.jpg

After plenty of looking around and searching, I've got some questions that i can't seem to find the answers to. I'm sure they're here so i'll apologize in advance, but it would be greatly appreciated if some of you could spare some time to help me out!

1. In my current car i have a full MMI touch screen (nav, bluetooth, virtual cd changer, rear camera, dvd, ipod) and couldn't have a car without a similar system. The Audi Navigation Plus looks to be the right system (i'm not yet familar with RNSE models/requirements), however the car i test drove had 'Audi Navigation' - Can somebody please explain the differences between Audi Navigation and Navigation Plus?
2. Full ipod functionality is one of the main features i'm after, but from what i've read the option is to use 2x 32GB SD cards instead because there isn't a direct ipod connection available with Audi equipment - is that right?

3. I've read the guides on how to upgrade from Symphony to Navigation Plus - Is it easy to upgrade from Navigation to Navigation Plus?

4. I'm able to dim the display on my current MMI so it's not overly bright at night - Can this be done with the AMI?

5. Are there any good aftermarket headunits that any of you would recommend as opposed the Nav Plus? Nav & direct iPod functionality if possible!

6. When the Xenon headlights are one, are the sidelights also on? If so, is this something that can be changed so that only the xenon projectors are visible?

7. This is more of a request than a question but... I would really like to see some good pictures of the bi-xenon headlights (as on the car shown) head-on in daylight, low light and also at night. Any chance of some people sharing/uploading any of these pictures?

I know i've asked quite a bit but as a car enthusiast like all of you, i'm extremely picky! Any help on the above really is appreciated. Thank you in advance! :)

Nobody able to help me with any of my questions? :(

1. Navigation is just orange screen with directions and cd slot and very basic where as navigation plus colour screen, bigger screen size, sd card slots ect hell of alot better

2. There is a direct iPod connectivity which sits in the glovebox, I have this myself but is naff as doesn't display track names which is why I use the SD slots. But ami can be fitted which is expensive but will show track names.

3. Very simple job upgrading from nav to nav plus you will just need vag com to code in the features your car has to enable them to work with the sat nav like iPod dock or aux in

4.yea this is adjustable in the settings menu

5. Haven't had any aftermarket headunits in my car as Audi is perfect and just looks so much better ham aftermarket stuff

6. Sidelights are always on when headlights are on just like all cars, they can't be disabled unless to change your DRL bulb to LED and tell the car it has LED DRL via vagcom then your DRL will be on when headlight is not sidelight. I did this myself miles better.

7. I have some photos will upload them later

hope this all helps

Nobody able to help me with any of my questions? :(

As your questions relate to RNSE/Sat Nav may I suggest that you post in the ICE/Sat Nav section of the forum which probably discusses some of these issues ?

Edit: just seen that you now have your answers !

1. Navigation is just orange screen with directions and cd slot and very basic where as navigation plus colour screen, bigger screen size, sd card slots ect hell of alot better

2. There is a direct iPod connectivity which sits in the glovebox, I have this myself but is naff as doesn't display track names which is why I use the SD slots. But ami can be fitted which is expensive but will show track names.

3. Very simple job upgrading from nav to nav plus you will just need vag com to code in the features your car has to enable them to work with the sat nav like iPod dock or aux in

4.yea this is adjustable in the settings menu

5. Haven't had any aftermarket headunits in my car as Audi is perfect and just looks so much better ham aftermarket stuff

6. Sidelights are always on when headlights are on just like all cars, they can't be disabled unless to change your DRL bulb to LED and tell the car it has LED DRL via vagcom then your DRL will be on when headlight is not sidelight. I did this myself miles better.

7. I have some photos will upload them later

hope this all helps

Thank you for answering all of my questions mate.

Without having to go into the ICE/Sat Nav section just yet, is the AMI just an additional unit put in place between the iPod connection and the Nav Plus?

Thanks in advance for the pictures

As your questions relate to RNSE/Sat Nav may I suggest that you post in the ICE/Sat Nav section of the forum which probably discusses some of these issues ?

Edit: just seen that you now have your answers !

I will head over there soon, thanks :)