Calling All Sline Spoiler People - Help

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just been to pick my A3 Sport up after having an Sline spoiler sprayed and fitted. I'm not right happy with the outcome however.

Looking side on, there is a gap of around 5mm - 1cm from the roof of my car to the bottom of the spoiler on the tailgate. Pretty difficult to explain but when looking from the front if the car along the roof to the back, you can see the lip a lot.

I asked them to cut the lugs down but I'm thinking whether they haven't cut them short enough.

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

Like A said, we really need a picture...

I think I kind of understand what you mean though. Im sure mine has a small gap.

Not the best pic as it doesn't look too bad from side on, it's more when looking from the front of the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 164
I would say that's well off. you can see the panel underneath. Its sitting too high.
I've just been out to look at mine, I retrofitted it too and its flush, save for the gap that allows the boot to open.
I would have taken a photo for you but the battery is dead. Can pop one up tomorrow so you can take it that back to the guy and get it redone if that's your plan.
Did you take all the old glue strips off?

As said, you shouldn't see the edge of the tailgate. See if you can get them to re-align it.

This is the stock S-Line fit (sorry about the Freezing fog)

Bootlid 1

Last edited:
Cheers for the replies lads and for the pic Artimus!

I explained that it wasn't right to the garage and even to the lad who fit it and they were adamant that that there is no other way for it to sit flush. I knew it wasn't right.

My car's still there at the moment, picking it up tomorrow but not letting them attempt to rectify it. Gonna give them the money for spraying the spoiler and go elsewhere for it sorting I think.

Yeah, that's well off mate mine is in line with the roof and there isn't a lip at all! It looks as if it needs glueing down or it's one of these 'downforce' spoilers you'd normally find on a Fiat Punto !

This is how mine looKs after I retrofitted an S3 one on

DSCN1984.jpg

Yours is sitting too high, if they snapped off all the lugs then it may be difficult to get the pressure on it to hold it down while it bonds to the car