New Audi Owner - B7 A4 Avant S-Line 170

syko89

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum, and this is my first diesel :0
I've come from owning a Subaru Impreza STI PPP and before that a JDM Integra dc5.
Running costs were getting tiresome and im doing a few more miles now so have plunged into the dark side!
Im also doing a fair bit of mountain biking so went for the practicality of the avant, i think they look tidy too :)
This is my first Audi!

Quick spec
56 plate registered in Feb 07
2.0 tdi pd170
Dark Blue (not sure of the exact name)
86k miles
FSH and lots of receipts
Adaptive xenon headlights (Love these!)
Everything else is standard s-line spec i assume.

Pics from iphone (will get some better ones soon)

T2eC16VHJHYE9nzpeCqeBQoUiYm4w60_31.jpg

KGrHqNoMFBlWKBWRBQoUglQudg60_571.jpg

KGrHqVHJCsFBsqTWZ5TBQoUfgdRg60_571.jpg

KGrHqVHJBsFCEURKRgpBQoUiDuuoQ60_571.jpg

T2eC16RHJGoE9nuQfRtIBQoUhUZH-60_571.jpg

T2eC16FHJHgE9n0yDjgwBQoUhrJsSw60_141.jpg

The car seems well looked after for the age, although there is alot of swirl marks on the paint so i will be attacking it with the DA polisher asap! Wheels will be getting refurbed too, probably after winter.
Its obviously alot different to the scooby, but its actually nice to have so much less turbo lag and it doesn't pull too bad for the size of it!

I've noticed a couple of issues since getting the car:
1. There are 3 bleeps when turning the key in the ignition. Dash has no warning lights, i searched and heard someone mention about a low battery for the alarm possibly? Any info on this?
2. One of my headlight washer jets doesn't fully close, theres about a 10mm gap and needs pushing back in.
3. Rear washer doesn't work, i assume something is clogged, had the same issue in a vw polo when i first passed my test.

Any advice on what to do about these issues will be appreciated.

Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car. Where are you located? Head over the a4 section, lots of info in there. If your interested in meets, click the link below and add yourself onto the members list and look through the posts for whats happening soon. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Smaller (Local) Events

Thanks, im from York. Will update my profile with location!
Should be up for some meets if there is any locally!

​Check the link above, there is usually something organised. Enjoy. :) x