temp issues

dplovin

Reaction score
hey guys i used to own an s3 so figured you could help.

i drive an audi a4 b6 1.8T and ive been having temp issues.

temp gauge recently hasnt even moved from 50 degrees sometimes it moves, so ive replaced both sensors and still the same. so im guessing its the thermostat or waterpump now not sure what else it could be.

just wondering is there anything i can do through vagcom except a scan or anything else just to narrow down or even pinpoint what the problem is exactly.

its doin my head in now i drove about 30 miles the other day and it didnt even move.

Check the water temps in both the engine module and the instruments module to make sure the temps corolate... if they both say 50ish and temp doesn't go up then chances are its the stat...

<tuffty/>

nice one mate ill do that first thing, is it straight forward to do i abit of a beginner on vagcom bein honest mate

just a quick update.

checked my car just now outside temp 10 degrees, eventually my car did get to temp took a good 25 mins also checked through vagcom as tufty said and all looked good.

there was abit of white smoke when it was idleing, so i took it for a drive and after 10mins the temp dropped to about 60 and stayed there untill i got home were i left it to idle for another 5 mins or so and it started to creep back up.

thing which ive just noticed aswell when my heaters are on the temp drops and when there off it creeps up again.

is that normal