facelift headlights

S3_chris 11

Reaction score
Do all A3 S3's with facelift headlights give off crap light on main beam? As every other cars headlights seem so much brighter? Yet other a3s I've seen all suffer with my problem.

Is there any light upgrades?

Cheers

Well ive just changed my prefacelfit s3 headloghts to some standard a3 facelift ones and fitted a aftermarket HID and they are awesome, the difference is night and day, i love them.

If your headlights are 'cloudy' give them a polish up. This makes a huge difference.

Agree with alileg69, mine are crystal clear not cloudy just absolutely useless on dipped. My sidelights aren't bad as I've got LED ones just dipped.

Where u get ur HIDs from Dani mite have to purchase some myself

Ebay mate, ie just got back in from a shopping at meadowhall and WOW, ive had to lower them, my old headlights would hardly adjust but these were in the sky haha, the beam pattern is soo much clearer and crisper, it cuts off nicely unlike before were it would be distorted.

What k bulbs did u get as I've seen a few kits on there at 30quid plus. Are they ok in the plastic headlights as don't fancy them melting lol

6k mate, the only thig is, the 6k HID bulbs are sligthly bluer than the 6k xenon bulbs were in the prefacelift lights. I dont know yet mate haha, ive only just fitted them so only time will tell haha.

Do facelift headlights fit straight into a prefacelift car?

If you want good light from HIDs to actually see where you're going fit the OEM spec 4200k.

The 6000k will only help you find Halfords and blind everyone on the way there.

If you're running halogen bulbs, as long as the lens and projector is clean they should be ok IMHO. Maybe invest in some decent bulbs like Osram Nightbreaker or Philips Vision Plus?

Also bulbs of any type are best replaced in matched pairs!

Liam