Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7's - Rant

I'm confused mine are white as white is.. Put it this way as white as my ice white led number plate lights so I'm stumped as to why yours still have that yellow tinge? And mine are not higher wattage 50w on the dipped beam as standard?

I don't know mate I'm having a ******* nightmare with lighting for this car. It's driving me insane. I now have 1 number plate bulb working as I think I've bent the holders. Gr.

I don't know mate I'm having a ******* nightmare with lighting for this car. It's driving me insane. I now have 1 number plate bulb working as I think I've bent the holders. Gr.

Easy fix mate, go out with a torch it's easier. Keys out of ignition and side lights on.. Torch up into the holder play with the holders till you get it coming on with ignition off dis won't shut the lights off.. I did the same but fiddle with the holder till it comes on

Easy fix mate, go out with a torch it's easier. Keys out of ignition and side lights on.. Torch up into the holder play with the holders till you get it coming on with ignition off dis won't shut the lights off.. I did the same but fiddle with the holder till it comes on

I did! I was out there 45 minutes doing exactly that and had no luck! Do the metal hook lie things have to be flat against the connectors or just touching!? Gr I hate fiddely stuff

Also are the metal bits that hold the bulb in place meant to be positioned in any way? Or literally just holding the bulb in position.. *sadface*

I did! I was out there 45 minutes doing exactly that and had no luck! Do the metal hook lie things have to be flat against the connectors or just touching!? Gr I hate fiddely stuff

Just touching, it is fiddly and annoying but first push the connectors right up so they touch while you fiddle to make sure the led works that way round once you get it to come on once then it becomes easier as you know you have it roughly in the right place. Worst case take the other out and look at the position of the terminals

Also are the metal bits that hold the bulb in place meant to be positioned in any way? Or literally just holding the bulb in position.. *sadface*

Metal bits just holding the bulb it will be the bits not touching that's your problem or the bulb being the wrong way round make sure you keep the sidelights on while you work on it and use a torch to see up into the light to make sure the terminals touch

Metal bits just holding the bulb it will be the bits not touching that's your problem or the bulb being the wrong way round make sure you keep the sidelights on while you work on it and use a torch to see up into the light to make sure the terminals touch

Meh I will have another go :(

All my lighting to date -
Waiting on getting my LED sides in, can't get my hand in there.. Is there a nack to doing it without removing the bumper?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352323852172446
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352323885865952
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352323934709053

May give the ones TimG has fitted. They seem just as good, if not better for a fraction of the price.

They won't effect my motor will they?

Thought it was only HID kits that blew wiper motors, not bulbs?

The bulbs TimG's got fitted look very good for the price. As long as they don't blind other people, I may treat myself to some of those.

Thought it was only HID kits that blew wiper motors, not bulbs?

The bulbs TimG's got fitted look very good for the price. As long as they don't blind other people, I may treat myself to some of those.

Not too sure mate.

just ordered some Osram Nightbreaker Plus H7's as the cheapo ebay ones i used you couldn't see anything with them :$

btw easy way to get to your side lights, slide in a thin long flathead screwdriver and pry them out :$

btw easy way to get to your side lights, slide in a thin long flathead screwdriver and pry them out :$

I've had absolutely no luck with that mate.. I don't see how the flat blade would make it any easier to be honest. Surely there is another way.

How do you remove the front bumper? I see there are torx all along the top, but will I have to get up in my front arch?

I've had absolutely no luck with that mate.. I don't see how the flat blade would make it any easier to be honest. Surely there is another way.

How do you remove the front bumper? I see there are torx all along the top, but will I have to get up in my front arch?

Try using a kitchen knife mate as the pointed tip will dig into the plastic and let you pry it out more easily. Now I think back this worked better than the screwdriver!

Try using a kitchen knife mate as the pointed tip will dig into the plastic and let you pry it out more easily. Now I think back this worked better than the screwdriver!

Ill have a go at that tomorrow! But say I get them out, how do I get the buggers back in!?

Ill have a go at that tomorrow! But say I get them out, how do I get the buggers back in!?

Putting the new ones in I could get my hand in there enough to line them up, and get them almost right in holding the wire and the end of the plug. Little push with the screwdriver clicked them back in.

When taking them out I found I could reach the wire on the back of the plug, but not enough of the plug it get a good grip, hence the knife needed to pry.

When putting them back in, turn the lights on and look through the lens to locate the hole.

Believe me, it makes life a lot easier !

Osram night breakers plus arrived today, gonna fit them tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to see at night again haha.

just installed them, they are not white! they are unicorn pi$$ in colour...

I had some Philips ones that were supposed to be white, but were far from it also! I can't understand how they can get away with marketing something that clearly isn't what it claims to be!

well they do work better then these bluey white ones, but look too tacky, so im gonna fit them as high beams instead.