Buying an s3 , which one to go for ?

niallraff

MW 3
Reaction score
Hi guys i have just moved over to Brisbane Australia form N. Ireland and am interested in buying an S3 year 2000 - 2002, I have noticed there are a range of different engines available with them (APY OR BAM) . This is where i need you guys help . I will most likely be doing some performance and handling mod's. I hope to take the car around to 270bhp so what all would i need to upgrade to get within this target ? and what all is there to look out for when buying ? most reliable engine ? easiest moded ?

Thanks

get an AMK engine... beats you doing all the delets..

get 270 is fairly simple bolt on mods... get an FMIC, B5 Tip, 007P DV forge a remap ... get the DP and catback changed and you should have your 270odd hp

once you buy ur id advise gettting a VCDS scanner and check for rust on the roof rails..

I have an AMK and agree with Sevv - deletes are easy stuff and getting them running well is just a matter of following the stickies

just replace with a AGu AEB large port head anyway... its only 150-300 pounds its a joke when you think about a cost of an S3 in Oz.

I logged 220gs/275bhp with B5 TIP + Jetex, a decent service and a stage 1 (unsure which) map.

I'd go for one that was owned by someone on a forum like this one as it has probably been well looked after and serviced regularly also try and get one with some good mods like a good exhaust and coilovers as it may save you some money in the future when the modding bug hits lol!

Thanks for all the comments guys. I have been reading alot on haldex race controllers and was wondering if anybody on hear has one fitted along with a rear lsd and arb's aswell . i imagine this would cure the understree alot ?