Intercoolers

Grazam

Reaction score
Right heres the situation after some thought and a quick buy of a k04 for my tqs, to do a conversion on as im getting bored of the power well not bored just feel like im missing out on the potential power :).

so the k04 is hopefully going to beachbuggy soon for new bearings, so that should be all good when it comes back.

Im after about 250-270 hp, as I will be running the k04 on mostly stock s3 parts (manifold, injectors and possibly tip), the only thing that is going through my mind is fmic do i really need a wellycooler or could i go for the next size down, and keep the smic and use them in tandem or is that a silly idea, and i should just get the wellycooler and do it properly.

so on the shopping list at the moment is

k04 manifold
tip
S3 injectors
maf
Heatshielding
will the S3 stock exhaust cope with 250-270 or will I need to get something else.

so when all this is done i will have some k03s parts that need a new home if anyone is interested.

There is a smaller version of the toyo cooler available from what I understand but I wouldn't use the SMIC inline as this will cause too much pressure drop... whatever cooler you go for don't go smaller than 60mm (63mm ideally) for the inlets...

The welly cooler is not expensive though...

<tuffty/>

Thanks Tuffty for the answer, it wasn't about cost of the cooler just the size of it as I wasn't planning huge power just more :), I kinda didn't want to have to start cutting bumper/crash bar to fit the cooler, I would also like to retain fogs aswell.

just a few ive been looking at
200791391130 --- 2.5 --- IC5006

just a few options wondering if anyone had any experience with any or similar size cores

FMIC is the way forward, the cooler ive got is 88mm wide which has meant ive had to 'trim' the lower part of the bumper, if you get the welly that is 76mm wide then i would have thought it would be very little trimming to the lower half

Spot on cheers phil, that mani is all good car is running good again till the k04 goes on :)