300bhp?

Haha. Jardo you've missed so much!

Anyway back on subject. Just been out to abuse my car and it's soooo much better then when it was stage 2! This is the first proper drive I've had of it and my god it's insane. It does feel like RTech put a new engine and a bigger turbo in it :)

Why no video's Westicles?

Anybody who says they don't want more power is a gay, it's a never ending quest. Nobody sells up and buy a slower car; other than me.

Power>power>power.

Last edited:
This thread is quite relevant to me as its pretty much the figure I had in mind when I started to mod my car, all in, including a brand new hybrid turbo doing everything myself I've spent just over 2500 quid.

wee bit of a cost breakdown

turbo-700
rods-400 shells-70
xspower mani,dp an sports cat 450
custom rtech map-390
new dmf clutch etc- 500
parts gaskets bolts oil etc- 100

The above is just a general idea of what I've spent, obviously mods such as suspension and other things are needed to fully utilise te engine mods but should give some idea of what's involved. Labour if not done DIY will contribute a heffty amount on top of the above.

Even with all that I'm still fitting wmi to gain that wee bit more power lol

This thread is quite relevant to me as its pretty much the figure I had in mind when I started to mod my car, all in, including a brand new hybrid turbo doing everything myself I've spent just over 2500 quid.

wee bit of a cost breakdown

turbo-700
rods-400 shells-70
xspower mani,dp an sports cat 450
custom rtech map-390
new dmf clutch etc- 500
parts gaskets bolts oil etc- 100

The above is just a general idea of what I've spent, obviously mods such as suspension and other things are needed to fully utilise te engine mods but should give some idea of what's involved. Labour if not done DIY will contribute a heffty amount on top of the above.

Even with all that I'm still fitting wmi to gain that wee bit more power lol

Great post. I too have saved a fortune in labour by doing work myself. 24 months ago I didn't even know how to change spark plugs! All the reading I've done on ASN gave me the knowledge and confidence to carry out an engine build.

Have you reached 300bhp yet then sandwich?

Yeah it made 304 bhp and 290lbsft, I've not had a chance to really thrash it tho as my clutch was slipping when getting mapped.
Image Was comparing my plot to yours and found it quite interesting just how different they were lol. Hoping to make 320-330 with wmi but also like the other benefits of it.

WMI seems to give massive gains on these engines as they do run hot. I'm sure I you get the clutch done and add WMI you'll make the figures you want.

I think one of the reasons my car has done so well compared to other BAM cars of a similar tune is because of the AEB large port head. I'm sure one of the LCR boys had the exact same setup as mine but had a small port head and only managed 285bhp.

Also you need to get back to Niki and get him to disabled the torque intervention settings on your map if they're there.

Yeah I was wondering about that, but I'm a good 600 mile commute there and back, wish I lived just around the corner lol. I was thinking about a large port head but couldn't afford it at the time then wht do you know a bargain agu's up for 150 quid on eBay...sods law!!

Last edited: