'Flat' A3 Quattro 1.8t 180bhp

JonnyA3

Reaction score
Hi all, i bought my 20vt quattro a few months ago and wasnt what i expected from a 180bhp motor, i had it remapped a few weeks after buying it and the guy that remapped it says this is flat compared to other vag 180bhp engined cars he had done (he didnt charge me for map due to this but said it was a problem with the car not the remap) i have checked for boost leaks and used a friends boost guage and its around 15-16 psi, i have de-catted the car aswell and still feels slow/flat like there isnt much of a kick. replaced maf with a pattern one and it made it worse so cleaned my bosch one and re-installed it still doesnt feel anywhere near like it should, any help will be appreciated thanks.

My ARY was flat, boring to drive that was due to a knackered turbo, all i will say is what cars are you comparing it to? bear in mind though your car is 4wd and is carrying a lot more wait than say a golf 150 GTI

As said above, logs will be the best thing to do. as you can then see what is and isn’t happening.

The mapper didn’t charge you for the map as it was still flat..did he carry out a test drive and logging session prior to flashing the ECU to check what the vehicle was doing standard or did he just flash the ECU and hope it would solve the problem?

Fault codes checked and deleted if there is any?