Traction control light

olly_s3

Reaction score
Hi there people prob been asked before but did check by searching first and couldnt find it!
Right so last nite my traction control light come on randomly on way home from work!
Then today engine management light came on great! really going good for 3days of ownership
icon_sad.gif

Right so my mate code read it today engine management light is due to mass airflow sensor?
and traction control light is due to voltage going to ecu?
has anyone had this by any chance and could both faults be linked like by alternator overcharging and throwing up fault?
please help audi s3 gods!
023.gif

Could be the MAF... have seen them come on for that before... you will hear this said alot so here goes... get teh car scanned for fault codes... these cars are crammed with sensors and the control modules are designed to stored fault codes if a sensor goes wrong or other faults occur..

This will get you started...
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...otice-important-when-posting-asking-help.html

Welcome to ASN :D

<tuffty/>

So what do you reckon it could be mas thats kicking up the traction control light on?
My mate did clear faults and the engine management light gone but traction control light still on?
the car is s3 2001 amk
and sorry for not reading that before posting:blush:

it would help if we had the codes
rescan if you can and post codes.

What were the faults codes? would help to post those up (if using VCDS then post the descriptions)... if you are using a generic code reader then you will only get limited codes back, P codes or maybe if lucky the actual extended fault codes that VAG use... you can use the link to the Ross Tech Wiki to get the descriptions as it makes it easier for other members to give advice...

Rescan the car as there will be new codes no doubt...

Post them up and we can go from there...

<tuffty/>

right well can only remember descriptions as my mate has gone with code reader and i did not write them down (silly i know)
the traction control ones was incorrect voltage going to traction control ecu
and pretty sure the MAS one was voltage problem as well below correct voltage?
sorry again for messing you about and inaccurate description but will get proper codes up tomo
cheers!

I had the same problem with the traction/engine light;
Address 01: Engine Labels: 06A-906-032-BAM.lbl
Part No: 8N0 906 018 BH
Component: 1.8L R4/5VT 0001
Coding: 10710
Shop #: WSC 66565
VCID: 78F49F8E586257D8195
WAUZZZ8L021012160 AUZ7Z0A1981620

1 Fault Found:
16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
P0102 - 35-00 - Signal too Low
Readiness: 0110 0101

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 03: ABS Brakes Labels: 8N0-907-379-MK20-E.lbl
Part No: 8N0 907 379 E
Component: ESP 20 CAN V005
Coding: 18448
Shop #: WSC 01236
VCID: 3E7849963AC6A9E8139

1 Fault Found:
01314 - Engine Control Module
79-00 - Please Check Fault Codes

I changed the MAF and cleared the errors, and problem solved.

Right decided gonna try a new mass airflow sensor just not sure whether to get genuine or not? Any recommendations? Spoke to audi they reckon its due to having a pre-oiled air filter (pipercross) is this true as was going to get cone filter like badger 5 type but dont need tip as already have forge one on it!

Right decided gonna try a new mass airflow sensor just not sure whether to get genuine or not? Any recommendations? Spoke to audi they reckon its due to having a pre-oiled air filter (pipercross) is this true as was going to get cone filter like badger 5 type but dont need tip as already have forge one on it!

Forge TIP and Badger5 3" TIP difference is day and night! Think 10-15bhp extra with just and induction kit, if you have a stage1 remap.

I'd get a new MAF first though! Most say buy genuine, I'm using after market with no issues, choice is yours really.

Well have ordered a new sensor only £40 odd an year guarantee so ill try that first. So you reckon the badger5 gives you extra bhp compared with the forge one? And the car is currently running 270bhp and 299lbf revo stage 2 but still want more power (of course) :)

So you reckon the badger5 gives you extra bhp compared with the forge one? And the car is currently running 270bhp and 299lbf revo stage 2 but still want more power (of course) :)

YES, it's proven, even on an old 1999 model S3 with a 9 year old remap on my car, it made 10 horses more! I have before and after RR printouts on the same day for it!

Defo going on the list to buy then which ones are best to go for because there is a few different types?

Defo going on the list to buy then which ones are best to go for because there is a few different types?

I'm running an adapted V1, as my early S3 requires extra plumbing. I'd go for V2, or if you are on a budget, the V3 option is priced nicely. These work best with a Jetex cone filter, and a heat shield is only £20-25 on top fro a forum member.

There's lots of info around the forum if you search badger5. Below is a couple of useful threads.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/158423-badger5-without-their-induction-kit.html

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/156789-badger5-v2-tip-std-airbox.html