Climate Control Problem

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
I started up my car this morning and the inside of the car was very cold.
My Climate Control was on the 'AUTO' setting and temp set to 22 degrees but the blowers were not coming on to regulate the temperature.
I could manually turn up the blowers but the AUTO setting would not. A few days ago it seemed to work fine.
It appears that the thermostat thinks the cabin temperature is warmer than what it actually is.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?

I have a 2008 A3 2.0TDI 170.

Thanks
Chris

Did the problem go away once the engine temp rose?

I am still having the same problem with this. Hardly any air is coming out of the vents now, even when its turned up to max.
Any ideas?

You need to get it scanned for faults. It could be the internal fan to draw air into the unit from the car interior has packed up.

Try jb0o who is in your area - I'm sure he will scan it for you.

You need to get it scanned for faults. It could be the internal fan to draw air into the unit from the car interior has packed up.

Try jb0o who is in your area - I'm sure he will scan it for you.

Great thanks, wasn't sure if that would show up on VCDS

Do a basic setting 001 in module 08, which then does a calibration of the flaps etc, it maybe a motor or flap issue that will be resolved by this.

You can check behind the glovebox to see if the motors are moving, the big flaps ok & the big fan is spinning as can hear it anyway, but try calibration 1st.