Steering Wheel airbag

jitvv

Reaction score
Quick question lads, are pre and post airbag's interchangble on the steering wheels?

eg : Would a facelift airbag fit a pre facelift steering wheel?

Cheers

im not 100% sure but ive got a black leather S-Line wheel and airbag if your interested mate?

im not 100% sure but ive got a black leather S-Line wheel and airbag if your interested mate?

Thanks for the offer, I have found a Steering wheel that works with OEM airbag, but it says its for a 2000 8L S3, wondering if they were the same.

Cheers

Thanks for the offer, I have found a Steering wheel that works with OEM airbag, but it says its for a 2000 8L S3, wondering if they were the same.

Cheers

They are different part numbers pre and post facelift - thats not to say they wont fit, but obviously something has changed so i wouldnt bank on it.

Guys, I'm gonna dig up the past here...

So today i have found out that airbags are not interchangeable, at least not as a bolt on....

I have purchased myself a nice re trimmed steering wheel to go on my Pre-face S3...

Unfortunately i didnt realise that there is a difference in pre-post facelift. and it does not fit my current airbag. The bolts to hold the bag to the wheel are not in the same place. Don't know if you can change out the inside. That would at least involve drilling holes in the new wheel which i really dont want to do.

As i really like my new wheel i'm going to try to get myself a facelift air bag to go with it.

Does anyone know if the wiring will just plug straight in between the two???

My new one, (if im reading it correct actually from a A2 orginally, but according to a ebay images seems to look the same inside as a facelift). Also it is black just this image makes it look grey.

and a preface one.

PRE facelift wheel airbags will not fit a Facelift wheels. You can fit a facelift wheel to a Pre facelift car, you'll just need the harness for a facelift car and it will fit onto the pre facelift harness. I've done it so I know it woks