Tyres for S3

oldlaw

Reaction score
Continental SportContact 5 225/40 R18 92Y XL with raised rim rib, BSW
£128.60. Is this a good tyre for an S3? Looking at some of the write ups this seems quite a good tyre for said car at a good price. This is the fitted price. Cheers Larry

Try camskill, I looking at getting some Michelins for £105 think they are sport pilot 3's

vredatein ultrac sessanta.. best tyres i've had for grip, wet handling, wear etc.. and i have had a few inc. dunlop sp sportmaxx, conti sport contact 3, fk452, nankang ns2.
vreds is the best tyre i have had, and one if the cheaper ones..

contisport or goodyear F1s for me

Wouldn't put falkens anywhere near an S3

For an S3 you should only really be running Eagle F1's, Conti SC3/5's, Michelin PS2/3's etc.
I.e premium brands, its a premium car.
Bridgestone RE050's as a minimum.
Why have an S3 then put s*@t tyres on it?

The Vred's seem to get a good write up for a mid range tyre.

Bridgestones are ****** awful!! There are some good mid range tyres out there it's not really about cutting corner on cost, I will prob go for the Continental Sport Contact 5s, on my old TT i ran Falken FK452s and couldnt fault them, likewise the Vreds are very good

I'm going to Goodyear F1 A2s for my next set, I find the PS3s waaaaaay too noisey at motorway speeds and when loaded.

Another vote for the vredesteins although ultrac sessantas are being phased out for ultra vortis but I rate the sessantas plus the tread pattern is cool :cool:

i'm about to put new wheels on the s3. the local tyre place don't do vred's, so i asked for the F1 A2's, they advised to go for potenza s001 instead, slightly more expensive but they said they should last 5-10k longer than the f1's with better dry&wet grip..
Not too sure about that, but i've ordered em anyway,
will write a review in few months time

Hi oldlaw,

We had the opportunity to test the ContiSportContact 5 on the Portimao track in Portugal, and we were very impressed. This good impression was confirmed by the ratings that you will find by following this link: Continental ContiSportContact 5 ratings

I know you mentionned prices, we have found even better prices, find out more here:
Continental ContiSportContact 5 prices.

Happy driving!