Changed 1.8T gearbox, now only have 1st, 2nd and 4th??!!

slowcoach3

Reaction score
Hi all just swapped a blown gearbox out of a 1999 AGU and put in a good, working box from a golf AGU, they had the same part numbers and the same fitment. Started up the A3 and all sounds good, no dodgy noises from the clutch or grinding whilst changing gears however it will only select 1st, 2nd and 4th, does anybody have any suggestions please as this has not been the easyist or most fun jobs so far...
Many thanks

Nothing where it shouldn't be...all is set up exactly the way it came off! Damn thing

On my old corsa, you could lift the gater and put a pin in the linkage just before reverse, you would then tighten all the linkage fully tight in its optimal placement. Dunno if anything i available for the VAG boxes?

Dave

I'm not sure either but thanks for the tip, I'll be looking in to that.....

yup, adjust the cable ends mate. What works on one box might not work on the next, so do a reset on the linkages and see what happens :)

Cheers lads...I'll have a fiddle with that tomorrow, after nearly two days of messing around with this I'm having a well earned night off and a glass of vino :thumbsup: