brake wiring loom

M12RJX

Reaction score
hello all

got a slight problem the wiring loom on my car has been cut! dont know why but it has and apparently its because of that, that the break light on my dash is still showing up because that wire has been cut, how easy is it ? if it is easy to get that sorted cus that big break sign in my dash is startn to annoy me just a little!the wire that has been cut is on the passengers side drivers side wheel

humm I assume you are on about the brake pad wear warning light?

The connector for this is on the near side front... if you have pads with a wear indicator then should be a case i=of just connecting it... if not then you need to short the wires together

<tuffty/>

is it easy to do? its defo the brake pad wear warning light. there just not connected at all just need wiring back up or connected ? he said £15 quid lol so thought might get someone to have a go first

This is not a pic of an 8L but its more or less the same... you can see the wiring for the pad wear sensor (by sensor all it consists of is a loop of wire that wears through when the pads are low and triggers teh light on the dash)
brakeb.jpg

Basically... take the nearside front wheel off and you will see where it is... ususally use an plug from an old set of pads, strip and twist the wires together and tape up then plug on to the loom... bingo.. if you don't have an old plug then use a bit of wire to short the pins in the plug... make sure you tape it up securely

<tuffty/>

ahh i c nice one great pic there ! il probally give him a tenner and just tell him to do it lol rather then attemp that myself lol then i can have my luvly dash back lol!

Where in Lesta are you dude and which garage are you using?

i live in glen parva but i went to a garage in thurmaston as someone from work recommended them, i normally go doncaster garage. you know anyone who could do that job nilz??that guy i used for my service said hel do it for £15

Im not too sure mate, as I said in your other thread, pop into Lion Garage and speak to Chris or give them a call and tell them Ive sent you, he maybe able to help you out.

Its pretty easy to diy mate, but if you aint confident doing it, for the sake of £10-15, just get it done.

Got it sorted now! Got my mate to do it for me while he was sorting wheels out cheers for the advice tho Nilz n tufty!