Are 2.4's Quattro's?

HibiscusS4

Reaction score
Just seen a decent spec 2.4 up the road from me with no MoT and star ship mileage. I am after an engine (v6) to use for mocking up some stuff but I'm just wondering if anything else on it would be worth any money, Quattroo system for example. Its got black leather interior but I beleive thats pretty common.

I've heard 2.4 heads are a nice upgrade to the S4 aswell.

EDIT:- just to ad, its not advertised as Quattro but it does list 4 wheel drive in the safety features.

Its actually quite annoying that some corporate nonce decided we shouldnt get certain models. Even if a particular model wasnt thought to sell well, given they were building them anyway for other countries why not just have them on the model list.

B5 A4's were available in Quattro trim on almost all engines in other countries, including 1.8 NA petrols, in this country they only ever offered the 2.8 (or 2.6), a pathetic deisel offering (2.5tdi only after facelift), and the 1.8TQS as a special edition.

They did a similar thing with the S6 and S8 V8 models where they only offered them in the UK with an Automatic transmission, even though they were sold in europe with a manual option.

And again, they've repeated the lunancy with their gearbox choices on the B8 S5, where you can get a manual or a traditional tiptronic if you buy a coupe, but if you buy a convertable or sportback your only option is the flappy paddle s-tronic box.

No doubt theres many others, but those spring to mind.

tbh, you'd need to go look underneath and check.

Or even get a photo taken thru the rear wheel to see if you can spot the upright etc.