A3 Quattro front heavy knocking noise???

AdamBstar

Reaction score
Hi, my car is suffering from a heavy knocking noise coming from the front drivers side, only happens when going over bump or turning right sharply, been told by the garage its the top mounts, had them replaced today still have same issue, had car at another garage up in air, drop links look fine, any ideas on what is causing it? Been reading about ARB bushes, but unsure if this will cause such a load knocking noise, can feel it right through car and steering wheel....

Anyone able to throw some ideas at me, as I see it costing a fortune to try and locate...

Many thanks

Got same thing but on the passenger side, traced it hopefully toa faulty kw v2 collie, just had to buy a new one for 250 sheets and fitting it tomorrow, hopefully it cures it, if not i think ill cry and burn the damn thing lol. Btw ive had every bush, bolt and nut changed on my s3.

Hmmm, I have noticed that the driverside spring can be turned by hand when it's jacked up, yet passenger side is tight, so could be the spring moving when under pressure but not sure it would make such a loud knock, the spring may be on its way out, just unsure which to do first, rear bushes have started to creak as well.. Pain in ***

check the driveshaft, take the wheel off and i think its a 22mm socket if i remember right, My passenger side was loose and making a nocking sound when i turned left. Might not be but it only takes 5 mins to check, give everything a good tug while your down there if thats not the problem, (no pun intended ya dirty buggas)