ABS warning light how to remove?

dplovin

Reaction score
as title says my abs light has just come on thismorning my brakes feel fine and i have my mot friday and the garage said if its still on its a failure......

anybody know of a quick fix or how to remove the light just so i can pass it through the mot.

i know it seems bad but just havent got the money at the minuite will get it sorted after the mot ASAP

I doubt you'll get many positive responses to this. Can you not just get it scanned and see what the fault is? May not cost too much to fix (famous last words).

Light removal etc would not help as MOT testers usually check that the ABS light comes on for a couple of seconds before going out and staying out.
Problem is most likely a sensor or an ABS control module failure which do have a history of problems on the VAG range. Audi would quote big money for a module and pump combined but you can just replace/repair the module.

you need a fault code scan and then go from there.

Take a look at the vagcom list and see if theres anyone nearby who has it.

if the module has gone it will lock you out off the abs system, same for me. even locked me out the enigne module, disconnected the module and can get engine, but of course no abs. would like to know the wiring diagrame to know which wires are which as its just a case of the signal being grounded so the scu turns the light off.

when you turnt your ignition on do you get 3 bleeps?

no beeps mate.... sometimes it goes off for a day or two then just comes back

At a guess I would go for the longtitudinal or latitudinal sensor....

A wheel sensor (most simple to get changed) would always be on pretty much straight away after turning the engine on, or after driving a few metres.....

As for braking though I am pretty sure it says in the manual that when ever the warning light is on the dash then the ABS system is automatically dis-engaged and you will not have any ABS function....so I wouldn't go and do any heavy braking from high speeds if I was you mate....

My advice would be to get the car scanned WHILST the abs light is on as sometimes the fault code is not stored if it is the long/lat sensor as mentioned above.....I have had so many problems with my ABS unit and sensors I was in a very similar situation in that I wanted to take the damn light also! But ended up with my car off the road for 3 months instead whilst various companies screwed me about....

the abs light light now goes off when driving the car but as soon as i stop the car i.e park up it comes on again hmmm

getting it scanned in the next few days

I've just started getting this occurring, I suspect its related to giving the disks a damn good thrashing to get the built up rust off. I'll be taking a look in the next few days.

It's mot failure if the light doesn't come on these days.