G61 and G66 Knock Sensors

Barks

Reaction score
Hello,

I converted from a APY narrowband ECU to a BAM wideband ecu (using wideband BH ECU and Lamda side of the loom).

I am the 'mapping' stage now and from a logs from a similiar full wideband setup (VVT, BAM knock sensor side of the loom and knock sensors, but without a large port head) my CF factors seem very low for a higher ignition angle (ie under 3).

So the query came with regards to the knock sensors between a APY and BAM, and they are a different design (APY has a short cable and the BAM have a connector on the sensor) but they may be functionally the same....

some BAM sensors have now been purchased and will be fitted soon, when I get round to it.... (new loom to be fitted or adapters to be made)

But it has been noticed looking on ETKA wiring diagram, that the APY and BAM knock (G61 G66) sensor wiring is transposed???

So as I had five minutes I swapped over connectors to make the APY physical sensor location correct as per the BAM wiring diagram...

After a quick log the CF is now zero!!!, Something isn't right me thinks??? Have VAG changed the location of G61 G66 or it is a typo??

Any ideas or input greatly received??

No idea but if you search for 'leamkecu pdf' on Google and you will find a diagram for an AMK ecu...

<tuffty/>

Oooh thats easy.....good old internet!! Thanks

AMK is the same as the BAM... G61 signal to ECU pin 106 and G66 signal to ECU pin 107.. mmm

Just in case any one else has the same query....

There are 2 differert versions of the APY diagram on ETKA, 1999 and 2000 version.

The 2000 version has the same Knock sensor wiring as all the wideband ECUs. G61 Signal to 106 and G66 to 107