Audi a3 20 tdi 57

Andya3sportback

Reaction score
Hi there can anyone help me out??
I have an Audi a3 57plate 2litre tdi 140 bhp my problem is when driving on the motorway it goes into limp mode as soon as reach 80mph but when key is turned on n off its rectifys it but only short term I've had the car plugged in and it gave the code po234 engine boost condition limit exceeded I would be grateful for any helpful feedback anyone could give in getting this sorted.
thanks
andy

Andy - there are hundreds of threads on the forum about this. Just do a search for turbo overboost. The problem is sticking vanes in the turbo which produce the overboost condition and the engine shuts down for protection.

Some people have managed to clean the vanes and temporarily cure the condition but it means removing the turbo (injected cleaner never really works ). The other reason could be a sticking actuator arm.

If you have any turbo whine (like a police siren ) as well then be prepared for a new turbo !

Thanks there is no noises comein from the turbo do u have to strip the turbo down or is there any cleaner out there that can sort this or do u think I'll be better gettin a new turbo thanks again
andy

Thanks looks like I am gettin a new turbo as anyone got any it's a bkd engine 140 bhp