Forge diverter valve 2.0t fsi possible tip for other users

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guys,bought a forge diverter for my special edition. After a couple of months use, I realised the car was sluggish and boring. Seens I'm running the standard 220 map and a de cat pipe only, I didn't feel the need for the stronger spring (yellow). But thought I would change the spring anyway to see if there was any form of improvement..... Well, well, well.... Massive improvement!!! Lost the flat spot in 2nd, much more responsive and it's way better on fuel. Didn't know if anyone had had this problem or not, so I thought I would share the result. Forge recommend only to fit its been remapped, but the 220 map is obviously enough to require the yellow spring. Hope this solves any issues you maybe having.

Happy driving peeps :)

I guess the 220 could be classed as a mild remap !?!

Yeah but you wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference. But I'm happy with the result, thought it mite be worth sharing.

Mine has had a full on remap and it blew the orginal dv to bits in no time !! The orginal is fairly weak as i understand anyway dont think vag still use it do they because of this ??!

Apparently not mate, ive been through a couple and decided to just bite the bullet and go for the forge, but it's never really been that responsive with it. I've put a couple of posts up in the past asking about the forge blow off/diverter versions and I've never received any info. So either no one knows or they just don't wAna tell lol! Also tried the spacer.... I wouldn't bother with 1 of them.... Don't realise how bad it was until I took it off. The forge diverter or blow off model is worth £160 all day long. Sounds nice aswell :)

Would have possibly swapped it out if its as good as you say but thinking of changing my car after xmas so would rather put cash to new car.
Out of intrest though say it sounds nice ? Can u describe how is it compared to spacer sound for instance ?

It's more destinctive, more like a high pressure hiss as apose to half hearted hiss. Probably best I can do lol!