RNS-E MK2 - Engineering Mode

yep its very poor :sorry: have you not taken it up with Audi??

ok.. for the last time cos it annoyed me so much I feel your pain - you still can't sort audiopilot with vcds!! You can only use VCDS to sort out GALA in a non-BOSE system... for the BOSE it can only be done by re-wiring the BOSE amp in the boot! This stops it using the BOSE ambient noise mic in the front to constantly adjust the volume. If you cut the mic out from the front or any other way it gives you the "three-gong" warning on the nav unit every time you turn it on.
It has to be done as per the TSB here http://dejong947.com/audi/tsb/audi.tb.91-04-17.pdf
your audi dealership can do it for you if you don't want to attempt it yourself!:banghead:
(you might need to refer them to the Tech Bulletin though as theyre not all aware of it...

woah this 3 gong warning....I get this randomly all the time when I open my door.

when I plug it in to see what errors there are it just says malfunction on radio/satnav.

However everything works ok? it's factory fit? (2012 car) ignore and plough on?

afaik its a warning to do with the audiopilot system - primarily the bose mic? sounds a bit weird if its when you open your door..

this is from the rns-e manual:
In the event of a malfunction in the AudioPilot system, a gong signal
sounds three times to alert you after the Navigation System is
turned on. Have the AudioPilot system inspected by a qualified
dealership.
!!!!!

When I open my doors there is definitely a hiss before I even put the keys in the ignition. I'm pretty sure something activates immediately when you open a door/unlock.... Could explain why it is gonging for you at that point.

Hmmm pretty strange really. it definitely does it when I open the door.

Everything appears to be working just fine.

i did confuse it yesterday, I pushed "mix" on all songs...(ipod plugged in) didn't think it liked mixing 27,000 songs!!

RNS-E not happy about that...30 mins later. songs all mixed! I'll stick to the playlists I think..

When I open my doors there is definitely a hiss before I even put the keys in the ignition. I'm pretty sure something activates immediately when you open a door/unlock.... Could explain why it is gonging for you at that point.

This is pretty normal in the Audi range. When you open the driver door after unlock it pulses the car. This basically gets everything ready in the car to start up. Primes the fuel pump, activates audio (this is the hiss). I get it all the time in mine. Fuel pump prime is a lot quiter than it was in my 59plate.

i've not had a go at this yet but the volume issue is driving me nuts! is it not better to disable the Audipilot via the wire cutting method? I really like RSNe but is it really worth it when you have is problem :think:
Surely this can be fixed/resolved :uhm: NHN, have you any news on this?

Si is your RSNe a retro fit or did it come with the car?

I agree mate, it's ****e!

Mine came factory fit with the car, going to go in next week and get something sorted as doing my head in now.

Cheers,
Si

mine has magically reverted will have to pop into the settings tonight and see if it reset

Sorry to jump in on the thread but have just had my MK2 RNS-E installed with SDS and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of trying to find a manual for the system. I have managed to find a MK1 manual but not for the MK2, does anyone have a PDF version they could email?
If I wanted to use and SD card, does it just need to be formatted with FAT32 and then copy MP3 albums onto the SD?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I agree mate, it's ****e!

Mine came factory fit with the car, going to go in next week and get something sorted as doing my head in now.

Cheers,
Si

Hi Si, when it goes in and if they resolve the issue can you ask what they did? sure others on here as well as myself will be interested with what Audi think of this issue. Nice cold beer in it for you if you ever come up north(west) :beerchug:

thanks rOb

Hi Si, when it goes in and if they resolve the issue can you ask what they did? sure others on here as well as myself will be interested with what Audi think of this issue. Nice cold beer in it for you if you ever come up north(west) :beerchug:

thanks rOb

Will do mate, got to get some answers for sure.

Cheers,
Si

Sorry to jump in on the thread but have just had my MK2 RNS-E installed with SDS and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction of trying to find a manual for the system. I have managed to find a MK1 manual but not for the MK2, does anyone have a PDF version they could email?
If I wanted to use and SD card, does it just need to be formatted with FAT32 and then copy MP3 albums onto the SD?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I cant see there being a massive difference between the manual for the mk1 and the mk2

As for SD card...yes FAT32 and yes copy MP3 tracks or albums straight onto the card.